Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i need shims.....as some may aready know

i'm waiting for greg to call me back so i can find out which degree i should need....but i'm kinda in a rush to get them on the truck by wednesday

so i have the deavers from prg and shackles from AC.....what degree shims should i need...i don't have an honest clue and i don't wanna buy three sets to finally get the right ones......i don't have an air compressor, so i have to tear the suspension apart by hand...again.......maybe i'll rent one from home depot.....

i have a local shop that claims to keep some in stock, so hopefully i can get some locally and not pay outragously for 1 day shipping.

so to repeat the question out of the mess from above......what degree shims should i need?

thanks guys!

·
on line
15,651 Posts
In my experiance with the old AC AAl without shims, shackles didn't make a difference (although in theory they should).

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stacking shims is most def. not a good idea.....plus the cost of a 4 degree would be less then 2 2 degrees....

but thanks guys, i'll go with the 3 degree

and just to be sure, i think i saw turtle post the width as 2.5"?

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
actually greg was pretty quick to return my call.....

he suggested i first try loosening and re-torque the u-bolts to see if that helps

i did, and it helped a little, but not much, i'm gonna call him back tomorrow and he said he has the shims in stock to send out if i still find i need them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts