Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Everyone.

I'm planning a maintenance day July 26, I need to do filter changes, and an oil change and will check the ability to install the Stahlbus Oil Change Valve sitting in my garage and write a how-to and review... clean up my skid from the last change done by the dealer and double up my rad skid. Basically just easy garage time. Drink some beer, BBQ. Anyone interested let me know.

I'm also thinking of attempting the long prairie drive (again), last time my companion lost the alternator in his Defender so we turned back.

What's the long prairie drive? It's a hunt for an ancient landmark, a drive-by of ghost towns, and three ferry crossings. Maybe some trout fishing. Maybe camping if I leave Saturday night, no camping if I leave Sunday.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Long drive will be Sunday July 27... Or maybe start late Saturday to camp and fish then finish on Sunday (26&27), not sure because of the dog.

There is an area of prairie east of Majorville that I want to explore. Steady, this is pronghorn and pheasant territory more than white tails and grouse I think ( need to look I guess).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Crash App

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just finished mapping a possible route. It's 93 km from Vulcan to the site I know of... depending on whether we can go that way, and don't get lost following goat paths across the prairie. Should be good if we gas up in Vulcan... never hurts to have extra gas. Probably be a 5-7 hour day from south calgary and back... anyone want to leave earlier than 8AM?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All Right, here's part of what you all missed.
Gate
AXE Long Prairie Drive by Saint Urho, on Flickr
Trail blocker
Ancient site, Canadian Geographical Survey Marker and a hot dog
I'm pretty sure it's out here somewhere
Antonio and his pup
Found the Bow River

·
Registered
151 Posts
All Right, here's part of what you all missed.
Gate
Trail blocker
Ancient site, Canadian Geographical Survey Marker and a hot dog
I'm pretty sure it's out here somewhere
Antonio and his pup
Found the Bow River
Nice adventure! Want to wheel before snow falls. Can you please throw me the map of
this route? Coordinates of entry point? Thank you in advance!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts