Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I frequently tow my camping trailer with my X and have been on the hunt for custom towing mirrors for a long time. All the universal tow mirrors have major flaws and drawbacks, these will eliminate all of them. I don't have any pics of the X towing but I hope to have these mirrors on soon and will post pics then.

Link to the site:

http://www.1aauto.com/search?words=nissan+towing+mirrors&MODEL=345

Okay, the box just arrived. Here are some pics of the mirrors and the wire harness.

Mirrors in standard position.

Mirrors fully extended.

Wire harness.

These mirrors are power only, no heat.

Now installed and ready to go!

Mirrors installed.

Perfect fit.

Fully extended.

And last but not least...folded.

These are a complete and simple bolt on / plug & play installation. Absolutely no drilling / cutting was needed. The installation actually went so fast I forgot to take pictures. Just remove the interior door panel to unplug the factory mirror, unbolt the factory mirror, replace with new mirror, plug it in and reinstall the door panel. The entire process took about 20 to 30 minutes tops. I hope everyone enjoys this and finds it useful.

UPDATE

Here are a few pictures of the X towing with the mirrors installed. The additional visibility with the extended mirrors is awesome. Add the blind spot mirrors to that, the curved ones under the main mirrors, and you will not miss a thing on the road.

·
on line
3,457 Posts
Website says direct replacement. IMO that means plug and play, but then again my opinion had f'ed me over before.
Yeah I read somewhere where a member over frontier club had to drill bigger holes into the door for titan mirrors. That's why I asked.

I'll wait for the first person to buy and report back. Or at least a how to.

·
on line
1,113 Posts
it looks like they will fold in, the close up picture in the upper corner is showing hinges if thats the one for the X

·
on line
4,434 Posts
My wife's Armada mirrors power fold in at the push of a button, which is what I'd really want for my Xterra. Really nice feature when pulling into our garage.

I don't tow often enough to need anything more than a strap on towing mirror for myself, but this was a really nice find!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
385 Posts
Sweet! Heated & Towing in one upgrade. I will be watching for the install update. This may be the way I go. Thanks for sharing!

Scott

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I read somewhere where a member over frontier club had to drill bigger holes into the door for titan mirrors. That's why I asked.

I'll wait for the first person to buy and report back. Or at least a how to.
The site says that they are a direct replacement for the X and the Frontier, same part numbers, so it doesn't sound like any drilling will be necessary. Also, the Titan and Armada mirrors have completely different part numbers so we should be safe.

·
on line
3,457 Posts
The site says that they are a direct replacement for the X and the Frontier, same part numbers, so it doesn't sound like any drilling will be necessary. Also, the Titan and Armada mirrors have completely different part numbers so we should be safe.
Awesome then. Might pull trigger on this on first of year.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 134 Posts