Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone running one in there X??looking to make a serious upgrade to headunit....this thing has DVD/CD/TVTuner/IPOD/GPS/Bluetooth/30 gigHDD, but pricey(2k circuit city price)...input anyone??

·
on line
42 Posts
I'm not crazy about the mapping of this unit... of course that's just a personal observation.

I may be wrong, but I seem to recall the DVD map upgrades are pretty spendy.

I'm a fan of the Kenwood/Garmin unit, but it does lack bluetooth.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
I've got the kenwood/gamin unit. I really like it. Its nice that you don't need the VSS wire. It uses the gps to track speed. The bluetooth add on just came out about 2 weeks ago. AND it's $199. That's way too much for the little bit I use of bluetooth. The ipod control is $50.

As for the smash and grab, my windows are tinted so that you can hardly see it (still legal though).

·
on line
132 Posts
I know this post is for the Avic Z-1. I have the Avic N-1, which doesn't have TV tuner or 30 gb hdd, but everything else. In all honesty, I love the thing, but there are limitations. Such as: most recently I had to send it back to the Pioneer factory after 2 years, because the screen has a shelf-life of 1500 hours or so. Keep in mind that this is another $200 fee. Not to mention the labor for installing it because it's tricky to get the stealth GPS hidden where it gets good reception. True, it costs a lot. Mine was like $3,000 with 2 12's, 1000 watt amp, rear camera and hidden DVD flip swtich and labor. But, it's also so sweet. I would also recommend getting a remote control because you don't want to be pushing all those buttons up front when you're making love with the seats down. :geek:

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown:--OH OH, there go's the warranty--

-- :drunken: :drunken: -JIMBO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts