Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a lot of lights, along with the stock headlights and fog lights i have 2 patrol fogs and 4 hella 5's. i have one wire running from the batteries positive terminal as my power and the other to the stock fuse box near the glove box and have the wiring to the lights spliced into the circuit. its hoood as hell lol its sloppy and i want to clean it all up what to i do to have a aux fuse box how would i wire it up to the battery, two switches, and some way to complete the circuit. i looked and found the how to of the aux fuse box and it just made my head spin. can some one please give me some help with this. o yea and i also have a 12 volt relay on the power wire fomt he battery.

thanks a bunch

BD23BAB

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Run a large gauge wire from the + terminal to a fuse block. On that wire when an inline fuse (or breaker) as close to the battery as you can. From the fuse block, run each set of lights on their own fuse, their own switch and their own relay.

This is a very simple explanation, but it should get you started.

I would not tie anything into the existing fuse block. It's not designed to take the additional load.

·
on line
197 Posts
Creek said:
I loved Paul's "how-to" on that. I'm in the process of running 150amps (circuit breaker) of 2gauge off the battery to the back cargo area, with a break at the driver's footwell and 4x4guage distribution block (lights, etc) before continuing to the back.

Waiting on the 1KW inverter, firewall bushing and warmer weather! I'll take pics...

·
on line
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats a good fuse box to get

·
on line
1,739 Posts
Xkid23 said:
whats a good fuse box to get
There's not much difference in quality - just get one for the type of fuses you'll be using and the number needed. I like the glass fuses being an old fashioned guy but they also make them for the newer plug-in plastic types in both standard and miniature sizes. There are fancy gold or even platinum plated fuse boxes for the stereo mod crowd but their fancy $10 fuses don't protect any better than my $0.10 ones (but look pretty).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts