1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
on line
2,077 Posts
i wouldn't buy those cheap ebay knock offs. If you want a remote starter get one from a company like viper. the quality will be much better, and if you going to mess with the electrical and ignition systems you would want one that comes from a well known company, or so i would assume.

·
on line
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tech sheet as promised:

Make: Nissan
Model: Xterra
Year: 2005-07
This Database Was Last Updated On: 7/3/2007
Index #: 4610

Alarm
Constant 12 volts GREEN IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition 12 volts WHITE/GREEN IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Starter GRAY IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Dome Light BROWN (-) AT BCM PIN 63 ** *
Trunk Pin Switch YELLOW (-) DRIVER KICK OR BCM PIN 43 **
Parking Lamp GRAY (+) DRIVER KICK, HARNESS TO REAR
Power Lock VIOLET BCM PIN 45 ** #201
Power Unlock LT GREEN BCM PIN 46 **

* DOOR PINS WIRES: LF GRAY Pin 47, RF LT GREEN Pin 12, LR PINK Pin 48, RR BLUE Pin 13. All Wires Are Found At The BCM ** The BCM (Body Control Mouule) Is Located To The Right Of The Steering Column. #201- See Negative Pulse Door Lock Diagram

Click Here For Our Databus & Immobilizer Bypass Cross Reference

View Diagrams

Accessories
Window Up D\GRN/RED P\PINK D\RED P\YELLOW IN DR DOOR #211
Window Down F/GRN/WHT F/L BLUE R/L GREEN R/PINK AT SWITCH
Ign Key Warn BLACK (+) IGNITION HARNESS OR BCM PIN 37
Trunk Release SAME AS DOOR MOTORS
OEM Horn BROWN (-) AT STEERING COLUMN
Headlights PINK DR AND RED FOR PASSENGERS AT IPDM *
OEM Alarm Arm LT BLUE (-) DRIVER KICK OR BCM PIN 8 **
OEM Alarm Disarm RED/WHITE TO GRAY (-) DRIVER KICK OR BCM PIN 7 **

#211- See Reversal Rest At Ground Power Window Circuit Diagram. * IPDM (INTELLIGENT POWER DISTRIBUTION MODULE) Located In The Engine Room **BCM Located To Right Of Column Behind Driver Dash

View Diagrams

Remote Start
Tach Signal NOT WHITE/GREEN ANY FUEL INJECTOR #239
Ignition #2 RED IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS *
Ignition #3
Accessory GREEN/YELLOW IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Neutral Safety
Brake Light YELLOW (+) AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
Reverse Light L BLUE (+) AT HARNESS TO REAR IN DRIVERS KICK
Rear Window Defrost YELLOW (-) IN 40 PIN WHITE CONN AT BCM **

* Cold Start Wire- LT GREEN At Ignition Switch Harness ** BCM Located To Right Of Column Behind Driver Dash #239- See Immobilizer Bypass Diagram

Click Here For Our Databus & Immobilizer Bypass Cross Reference

View Diagrams

InterConnect Harnesses
Function Part# Avail Location
StrInt,+12,Gnd,Ign no
Horn Honk no
Lock & Unlock no
Light Flash no
Dome Light no
Trunk Switch no
AL-100 / VIP-4000 no
Remote Start no

*Click on a part number above to see a picture of the harness location*

View Diagrams

AL 100 / ULTIMATE
RKE Module BEHIND PASSENGERS SIDE DASH
Motor Lock PURPLE AT BCM PIN 65 *
Motor Unlock BLUE AT BCM PIN 66 *
Drv Door Unlock GRAY AT BCM PIN 59 *
OEM Relays BUILT INTO BCM *
Addon Security Type #5 CONNECTION #225

#225 See AL-100/VIP-4000 Type 5 Diagram * BCM Located To Right Of Column Behind Driver Dash

View Diagrams

Tech Notes
Driver Passenger Size Location
BLUE (+) L GREEN Front
BROWN (-) RED
GREEN (+) GRAY Rear
BLACK (-) ORANGE

·
on line
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
willgr1 said:
i wouldn't buy those cheap ebay knock offs. If you want a remote starter get one from a company like viper. the quality will be much better, and if you going to mess with the electrical and ignition systems you would want one that comes from a well known company, or so i would assume.
"i won this on ebay" too late now, ill give it a shot anyways........

·
on line
34 Posts
Let us know how it goes. And also take some pics along the way. I dont think there is a How To on this yet and several people have asked or are interested in doing this, including myself.

·
on line
95 Posts
t-harness....

I'm interested too.. 'specially for the how-to.. I've been waiting on the t-harness to do it...

I just looked again for the T-harness fro the steering column - no luck... it's a shame that 2nd gen's have been out for almost 3 years now and no-one has done this...

·
on line
423 Posts
Nice, I got the same one waiting to go in my X. I did one in my sisters corolla last Christmas.
Two pieces of advise:
1. Plan your self a full day.
2. Buy the key transponder before you start, you'll need it and wont spend $50 at Circuit City that day to get it.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
You can make your own transponder bypass for the price of a relay- $3 or even free if you choose to not use one. I came across some instructions on making your own on the web. Had my doubts but works fine every time. Essentially, the premade transponder bypasses costing $20 and up are a relay disguised in a nice plastic box.

·
on line
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont need transponder bypass for mine, cause i have the plain jane X......yes im planning a day for it...

·
on line
1,638 Posts
I had experience with alarms, audio, and such but no remote start. I thought installing one would take a long time. But since all the wires you need are behind the kick panel, it was soooo easy. It should take maybe a couple hours if even that to get it installed.

·
on line
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
xterrock said:
I had experience with alarms, audio, and such but no remote start. I thought installing one would take a long time. But since all the wires you need are behind the kick panel, it was soooo easy. It should take maybe a couple hours if even that to get it installed.
:cheers: I have the same experience about alarms, audios and such and this was my first time with auto start and yes you are right it only took me couple of hours to do it......... :cheers: im so happy i was able to pull this off. didnt take any pix or anynotes, because i wasnt sure if i was going to have any problems.......... :cheers:

·
on line
34 Posts
lowhombre said:
:cheers: I have the same experience about alarms, audios and such and this was my first time with auto start and yes you are right it only took me couple of hours to do it......... :cheers: im so happy i was able to pull this off. didnt take any pix or anynotes, because i wasnt sure if i was going to have any problems.......... :cheers:
So are you using the factory keyfob to start your X? What did you use to connect all off your wires? I'm thinking of doing this and everyone says its so easy and had no problems, but no write ups. I am personally afraid of doing something to screw up my wiring and cause it to short or something. So any info that you can recall or warnings of things NOT to do would be helpful. Thanks.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
Install is very straightforward. If you have any experience/knowledge of car electronics, it'll be easy. Most come with pretty detailed instructions and there are a lot of wiring diagrams on this forum.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts