Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Username: AustinFound.
Xterra Name: Marla.

Make: Nissan.
Year: 2013.
Model: Xterra.
Trim: Pro-4X.
Color: Lava Red.
Average Gas Mileage: 14.0 - Link to: Fuelly.
Transmission: 6 Speed MT.
Mileage: 45,000 - ish.
Packages: Rockford Fosgate Audio & Navigation, Leather Heated PRO-4X Seats.

Xterra Achievement Points: 225.

------ MODS ------

Legend:
[+] = Done.
[o] = Awaiting install/In Progress.
[ ] = Want.
[x] = Removed/destroyed.

Long Range Goals:
[+] - Titan Swap - 2018.
[ ] - 35" Tires - 2019-2020.
[+] - M205 & Regear to 4.56 - 2019-2020.
[ ] - VK56 Swap - Maybe Someday!.

Suspension:
Front:
[+] - Glamisdude's Custom Top hats.
[+] - Bilstein 5100 Struts (For 99-07 Tundra's p/n 24-188265).
[+] - OEM 2007 4runner Springs.
[+] - PRG Titan Upper Control Arms.
[+] - Titan Lower Control Arms.
[+] - Titan Inner/Outer Tie Rod Ends.
[+] - Rugged Rocks Extended half-shafts or R180.
[+] - PRG Stainless steel titan-length front brake lines.

Rear:
[+] - PRG Dual AAL w/ shims.
[+] - Bilstein Rear 5125 Series P/N:#bil-6253-x

Wheels/Tires:
[+] - Stock 6-spoke P4X rims powdercoated black.
[+] - 285/75/R16 - BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2

Engine/Exhaust/Drivetrain:
[+] - Volant Sealed Cold Air Intake (P/N: 12740).
[+] - eXtreme Truck Performance Intake Manifold Spacer.
[+] - Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers.
[+] - Magnaflow 2IN/1OUT Muffler (P/N: 12580).
[+] - Custom (Read: Modified Stock) Exhaust.
[+] - UpRev'd.
[+] - Dyno'd on Dynojet @ 241.2 HP & 263.4 Torques @ Portland Speed Industries.

Armor:
[+] - Black Widow Gear Rear Bumper W/Swing Out Tire Carrier (Centered).
[o] - Rear Shock Skids (Red).
[o] - Ballistic Fabrication M226 Rear Diff Cover. (Painted Black & Red).

Exterior:
[+] - Weathertech Side Window Deflectors.
[+] - Weathertech Stone & Bug Hood Deflector.
[+] - OffroadGorilla Hood Rod Eliminator Kit.
[+] - DIY 2" Body Lift.

Interior:
[+] - Weathertech Floor liners (Front & Rear).
[+] - Harbor Freight Rear Hitch Cargo Basket Conversion - Followed this: How To.
[+] - Blue Sea 12 Circuit Fuse Panel. - Followed this: How-to.
[+] - Nissan Navara Illuminated Shift Knob.

Recovery/Comms:
[+] - zach_attack's Front Shackle Mounts
[+] - WILSON 300-Watt Little Wil Magnet Mount Antenna.
[+] - Cobra 18WXSTII Mobile CB Radio.

Lighting:
[+] - Nilight 22" 120w Light Bar (Bumper mount).
[+] - 2X Nilight Flush Mount 18w Reverse Lights (Bumper mount).

Other:
[+] - Rogue Key Mod.
[+] - Stebel 11690019 - Nautilus Compact Mini Air Horn Black.

Removed:
[x] - Stock Mudflaps.
[x] - Stock Step Rails.
[x] - Stock Exhaust Manifold & Primary Catalytic Converters.

------ PHOTOS ------
(Click to Enlarge)​
Stock-ish

Day I bought Marla:

New Rims:

Post 2" Body Lift, BWG Rear Bumper, & Hellwig EZ550 Helper Springs:

·
Forever Noobie & LPM
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
So in reading through the Build Thread rules, rule #1 says:
"1) Only one thread per user/per vehicle. (ie. If you have two Xterra's, you can create one thread for each)."
Since my plan is to turn 2 vehicles into 1 and scrap/salvage the remainder of the vehicle I think I'm in the "Grey area" of this rule.​

Make: Nissan.
Year: 2004.
Model: Titan.
Trim: Off-Road.
Color: Silver.
Transmission: Auto.
Mileage: 85,000 - ish.
Packages: Leather Heated Seats, Big Tow Package (3.36 axles front and rear).

So recently I purchased this 2004 Nissan Titan from a salvage auction company. I got a screaming good deal on the truck ($2509 out the door). It was branded as a FLOOD/SALVAGE vehicle from hurricane Harvey, and I honestly wasn't sure about its condition as I bought it sight unseen (it was physically located in Houston, TX, and I was in Portland, Or at the time). I didn't really care about the the condition of everything as my plan was to rebuild everything anyway. Once I won, I flew down to TX to visit family and to pick up the truck. We hauled the truck back to my hometown, and started going through it. I crawled underneath it to inspect for mud/dirt/flood debris, and to my surprise there wasn't any. The interior of the truck didn't smell musty, and all the fluids in the truck (oil, coolant, etc.) looked used, but didn't look like water was present. I checked the ecu with a code reader which came up with nothing so I hooked the battery up to a charger to try and start it. The battery charged up fine, and to my surprise the truck started right up with out problem. The only thing wrong with the truck that I could find was the drivers power seat controls were not working (hence the gangster lean on the drivers seat).

------ PHOTOS ------
(Click to Enlarge)​

Queue up

Current plan:

Harvest:
M205
Half shafts
Spindles
hubs
rotors
Brake booster
LCA's
Complete Rear axle
VK56DE
Rims/tires

Ripping this truck apart has been put on hold for now as I am moving back home to TX and will be spending the next few weeks packing/moving/unpacking and then starting a new job. However I will keep this updated as I begin to rip it apart and titan swap my X.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi Austin. Nice job on blacking out the plastic. The Lava Red’s one of my favorites, but rarely seen.
One of these days make it down to an audio shop and get your front windows tinted...it looks great with the black plastic! Protects anything inside, too.

I also wanted to know: did you use the stock tube on your Volant? I have the same and it was really long and wound up with a bend...it appears to be the same thing they use on door trim?
My friend had an extra 2’ of hose so I used that and noticed my engine breathing a lot better. Lower idle and higher mpg. Thanks

·
Forever Noobie & LPM
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Austin. Nice job on blacking out the plastic. The Lava Red’s one of my favorites, but rarely seen.
One of these days make it down to an audio shop and get your front windows tinted...it looks great with the black plastic! Protects anything inside, too.

I also wanted to know: did you use the stock tube on your Volant? I have the same and it was really long and wound up with a bend...it appears to be the same thing they use on door trim?
My friend had an extra 2’ of hose so I used that and noticed my engine breathing a lot better. Lower idle and higher mpg. Thanks
Tinting the front windows to match the back windows is on the list of things to do. I'm currently living in portland and its overcast around 80% of the time, so it's moved down the list quite a bit.

I've been considering diving down the black hole that is bed liner. Currently the plastics are just plasti-diped. I sprayed them for a month long trial period just to see if I liked it. A year and a half later its still on there. At some point the plan is to remove the front bumper and all the stock silver and gray stuff and spray them with raptor liner.

I used everything that came with the volant CAI, and that tube was an extremely tight fit. What I did to install it was put the flex connection on the throttle body side of the tube, and put the other flex connection on the air box. I then crammed as much of the tube into the flex connection on the air box, much deeper than it should be when finished. That gave me the room I needed to be able to attach the flex connection to the throttle body, and pull the tube back to the "finished" position at the air box. I actually had to do this twice as I forgot to put the hose clamps on before installing the tube.

I did CAI, IMS, DT LT's, and Exhaust all in one go, so the before and after was quite a contrast. I didn't really romp on it as I wasn't tuned. I UpRev'd a week after that. I didn't notice an MPG change at all, but thats 100% because of my inability to keep my foot out of the skinny pedal.

-Craig

·
Forever Noobie & LPM
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Craig, did you end up salvaging the Titan, despite it running? What'd you do after you took the thing apart?
I ended up trading the entire truck for an M205 with arb air locker and re-geared to 4.56 and a set of 4.56 gears for my m226 rear diff. It was a pretty fair deal as the parts cost about what I paid for the entire truck at the salvage yard and I ended up saving a little over the cost of all those parts when new. I should probably go back and edit that post...

-Craig

1 - 6 of 6 Posts