Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'll be driving out to Utah for college and will in Denver the 9th of August and heading towards Ouray to do some passes, then on to moab to wheel the 11th and maybe the morning of 12th. Basing a lot of the routes off MaxTerra's trip a year or 2 ago, would anyone be interested in tagging along for part of the trip? Also it would be great if y'all had a ham or CB. The Colorado parts should be easy and I plan to run moderate runs (blues and dark blues) in Moab as I would like to make it to SLC without doing a trail repair. Lodging right now is undetermined, but I will probably camp in my RTT or grab a hotel room.

thanks - Chase

·
TNX Senior Member / (NORAC) Club Moderator
388 Posts
Unfortunately, NORAC won't be going to Ouray this year due to conflicts with another event.

·
TNX Veteran
3,912 Posts

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went to Moab around August 16-18th last year, it was hot but not that hot: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/17-tracks-trails-off-road-parks/224513-albatrosscafes-seattle-flagstaff-trip-pictures-6.html#post3877801

Lot's of bugs if you are not careful though depending on where you camp. Make sure you keep that tent sealed.
Cool, thanks for the info, I’m still debating on camping or not but i think the nights will be cool enough with a fan and the views are breathtaking

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info, I’m still debating on camping or not but i think the nights will be cool enough with a fan and the views are breathtaking
Uh.... No! Been there, SWELTERED through the nights. :wink:

·
TNX Veteran
3,912 Posts
I would definitely camp. This was me at the Northeast side of Moab along the Colorado river. Was about ~50 degrees at night so it was plenty comfortable:

lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts