Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well not sure if any guys on here are into audio etc, doubt it since most use their cargo areas for cargo; as most use their xterra for off roading etc...
anyways I figure I post up some pics of my slow audio build for the xterra. any questions feel free to ask.

equipment:
2 12" AQ sdc 2.5 subs
mb quart onyx 1600.1
mb quart onyx 80.4
cadence momentum 6.5" comps
cadence momentum 6.5" coax

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice!
That box is gonna take up some space.

I didn't know Cadence is still around!
I've got 2 old 12" shockwaves in my basement.

I made a box with a fiberglass back to fit in the back. A good bit bigger than the stealth box.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yeah cadence is still around. I picked up a 50/50 sponsorship from them last year when i had my show truck (chevy s10)

That's a nice "stealth box. Reminds me of the one I finished up a few months ago for my envoy...will have to post it up

The plan for this box is to take up the whole cargo area :)
As far as the weight the glass will help with that but it definitely is sturdy for now as is. The 2" lift on there now should be plenty. I'm just ready to get this thing gkassed
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here is the box i did for my envoy... it houses a single 10" ssa gcon sub powered by a ppi black ice 1300.1 amp

·
on line
8,599 Posts
^Nice

There was a shop by me back in the high school days that sold Cadence. They would cut you a good deal if u slapped a big Cadence sticker on ur windshield and brought in some friends.
Eventually they stopped selling Cadence and switched to Aluminators. Those sucked.
I had a z24 cavalier back in HS that had 2 12"s free airs mounted to a wall behind the fold down back seat and the 2 12" shockwaves in the trunk.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
I like it! Still working on the suspension stuff, as well? Should update that thread, too, if so ...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like it! Still working on the suspension stuff, as well? Should update that thread, too, if so ...
thanks.... as far as the suspension portion of the xterra im still running thru options. at first i was thinking bigger lift but now im on the path of slamming it to the ground. i have some time to decide so im just tackling one thing at a time right now while planning/researching another. if the xterra goes to the ground there is alot to consider etc esp since parts arent really available.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^Nice

There was a shop by me back in the high school days that sold Cadence. They would cut you a good deal if u slapped a big Cadence sticker on ur windshield and brought in some friends.
Eventually they stopped selling Cadence and switched to Aluminators. Those sucked.
I had a z24 cavalier back in HS that had 2 12"s free airs mounted to a wall behind the fold down back seat and the 2 12" shockwaves in the trunk.

i ran some 6.5" comps in my s10 and was impressed so hit them up for a sponsorship and added my sub stage which was 2 8s powered by one of their amps as well. it was showcased in a fiberglass box. for 8s they were really solid subs and built nicely. i didnt get to do much with the sponsorship since i got rid of the truck for the envoy. overall they are a company thats been around and still trying to do their thing just not a big brand like some of the mainstream stuff.

im just cant wait to get this project finished and let her rip

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well this thing is moving slower than i expected.... been strapped for extra cash to throw at this but it sits waiting for resin and some matte.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh and since i had some black paint left over from my envoy box build i figured i get some practice and respray the front grille

and this is before wetsanding the clear etc

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any updates? Curious on the outcome of this build

nothing done on this lately.... for one just got the money to get the materials to move forward and two its been cold here so fiberglass work isn't a good idea. I will say I have the resin just waiting for the right weather like I mentioned its been to cold.... I did do some work to the base of the build. let me see if I can find the pics

·
Registered
179 Posts
nothing done on this lately.... for one just got the money to get the materials to move forward and two its been cold here so fiberglass work isn't a good idea. I will say I have the resin just waiting for the right weather like I mentioned its been to cold.... I did do some work to the base of the build. let me see if I can find the pics
Gives you the idea...still need to take a round over bit to give it the look I want. It will be lit up with white leds
Yeah, I hear you on the funds. Im waiting on taxes to be able to get my alt. Probably going to do a mechman 270, or whatever Singer can make me which is probably a 240.

Yeah, the cold sucks. I see your in Jax, Im in Tampa. As soon as it drops below like 60 Im not working on the truck.

Plexi looks good! Is that going to be part of the amp rack? or going in front of the box?

Also, check out my audio build. Im glad to see a fellow Xer with some serious audio going on.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, I hear you on the funds. Im waiting on taxes to be able to get my alt. Probably going to do a mechman 270, or whatever Singer can make me which is probably a 240.

Yeah, the cold sucks. I see your in Jax, Im in Tampa. As soon as it drops below like 60 Im not working on the truck.

Plexi looks good! Is that going to be part of the amp rack? or going in front of the box?

Also, check out my audio build. Im glad to see a fellow Xer with some serious audio going on.

yeah I want to get an alt for this thing but Im going to wait til my real build starts and its not related to audio :drink:

anyways the plexi will be in front of the box.... its like a filler piece to take up the space. im thinking of putting the xovers on it as well. shall see. tomorrow is suppose to be 70 so I should be able to get some resin layed after I do the rear brakes on the beast.

·
Registered
179 Posts
yeah I want to get an alt for this thing but Im going to wait til my real build starts and its not related to audio :drink:

anyways the plexi will be in front of the box.... its like a filler piece to take up the space. im thinking of putting the xovers on it as well. shall see. tomorrow is suppose to be 70 so I should be able to get some resin layed after I do the rear brakes on the beast.
Curious to see what that build is and the purpose of alt in it.

The xovers would looks pretty cool on there as long as theyre all trimmed out.

Hope you made some progress today. Spent my day at the crescendo audio warehouse at a show.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Curious to see what that build is and the purpose of alt in it.

The xovers would looks pretty cool on there as long as theyre all trimmed out.

Hope you made some progress today. Spent my day at the crescendo audio warehouse at a show.

I didnt... went house browsing lol. How was the audio show. Always wanted to try out crescendo stuff but they are to pricey for my budget baller status lol
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 310 Posts