Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
on line
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone can confirm for me if this will fit in our X's and/or if we need an amp to go along with it. I have seen the back of the stock single disc players, but according to the 6 disc, it looks llike that there are extra connections in the back that might be required.

·
on line
127 Posts
If it is anything like the BOSE systems nissan was putting in cars, that is a non-amplified head unit meaning you could not use it in a non-rf vehicle without also buying the amps to go along with it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this though, just an assumption based on past history.

·
on line
22 Posts
BuckeyeNavy said:
If it is anything like the BOSE systems nissan was putting in cars, that is a non-amplified head unit meaning you could not use it in a non-rf vehicle without also buying the amps to go along with it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this though, just an assumption based on past history.
It says specifically that it's not a Bose or Rockford Fosgate unit - I'd be curious as to if it would work as a direct replacement for the stock radio in the S as well. Can anyone tell by looking at the connectors in the back?

Looks like there are 4 instead of the two on the stock unit. Perhaps for steering wheel controls and ipod/sat connections?

·
on line
666 Posts
I was wondering if those extras were for steering, and Ipod as well, but there is no Aux or sat button on the front panel to change it over...?

I think this is a unit from a Nismo Fronty King cab, as it has an upgraded unit, but not the RF.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts