Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after wanting more capabilities from the stereo system I finally installed a Android headunit I found on Amazon. So far the thing works wonders. Has a lot more stuff than I thought it would have and is expandable depending on how much more I want to add to it. I was able to hook it up to the stock Fosgate speakers which actually are a good combo. I don't need bass that you can feel 10 cars over. Just clean sound and bass. This combo delivers. Plus I have BT, hands free phone, GPS, ability to watch videos, ability to hook up front and rear camera, has 4 usb outlets for music and video, sub outputs if i upgrade the stereo system completely, also have an OBII reader and have Torque on it so I can see some vehicle stuff. Overall very happy with this purchase. Also, looks basically stock.

·
on line
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
1,065 Posts
Very nice, I'm in the market for an upgrade. Do you have a link to the unit you purchased?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice, I'm in the market for an upgrade. Do you have a link to the unit you purchased?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
They sell on Amazon here is the one I bought. If you have the fosgate stereo, you need the adapter I added too. I originally bought the one that said would work, but it doesn't.

·
Registered
2010 Super Black Nissan X Off Road
52 Posts
They sell on Amazon here is the one I bought. If you have the fosgate stereo, you need the adapter I added too. I originally bought the one that said would work, but it doesn't.

View attachment 127341

View attachment 127342
I'm doing the same with my X. I have the factory RF system. I'm looking to keep it all and just replace the headunit. The harness you linked let you do that?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm doing the same with my X. I have the factory RF system. I'm looking to keep it all and just replace the headunit. The harness you linked let you do that?
Sorry just saw this. Yes. I bought 2. 1 that said it was for our models but it doesn't have the connections for it. The one I Iist is the one that works. I guess there is another one, but I wanted mine to be simple. You do lose the steering wheel controls, but I never used them that much.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry just saw this. Yes. I bought 2. 1 that said it was for our models but it doesn't have the connections for it. The one I Iist is the one that works. I guess there is another one, but I wanted mine to be simple. You do lose the steering wheel controls, but I never used them that much.
I did the same thing. I bought the one Amazon said would fit and had to then go back and get the right one. What did you do about the Sub? I'm about to try wiring it up again and I don't see a plug for the factory RF Subwoofer. I have replaced a few car stereos over the years, but so far this install has been very frustrating for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Everything in the harness that worked connected the sub. Nothing needed, just needed to make sure your connections are the right color or connection. It was really simple. And I like the sub honestly. I didn't need to blur my vision with bass, but it hits great.

·
Registered
2015 Xterra Pro-4X
42 Posts
What year is your X? I've been wanting to use the sub from my 2015 Pro-4x with my Joying Android Unit. I didn't think it was possible. At least that's what an installer told me. He bypassed the amp. I have a 7553 harness and I am using the steering wheel controls. I do have a spare 7552 harness lying around that I could probably utilize.

Everything in the harness that worked connected the sub. Nothing needed, just needed to make sure your connections are the right color or connection. It was really simple. And I like the sub honestly. I didn't need to blur my vision with bass, but it hits great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What year is your X? I've been wanting to use the sub from my 2015 Pro-4x with my Joying Android Unit. I didn't think it was possible. At least that's what an installer told me. He bypassed the amp. I have a 7553 harness and I am using the steering wheel controls. I do have a spare 7552 harness lying around that I could probably utilize.

My X is a 2010 and should be no different than yours, other than maybe navigation on the screen. The issue with the harnesses that they sell is that they plugs are way different and lacking on the ones they recommend. But the one I posted...the 7551 does work and has all the right connections. I will be taking the deck out soon and soldering everything together. I did those twist caps to see if it would work and how I liked it. Several months in and no issues at all. So time to make everything better.

·
Registered
2015 Xterra Pro-4X
42 Posts
Appreciate the reply. The harness you provided will not fit my X. I went with the 7553. The only wire it was missing was the amp control wire. I pulled it off and other harness and inserted it. Still no luck with the sub.

The Joying unit I'm using is an older model with Android 5. Joying modified their bluetooth starting with Android 6 to restrict it from using only their OBD II and TPMS and stream from your phone.

I do have my eye on an Atoto S8 to use more features with the newer versions of Android. They claim the bluetooth is not restricted with their headunits.

·
Registered
2011 Pro-4X
174 Posts
I've also got the atoto a6 pro with the fostgate and the 7551 harness did the trick no problem. I've been running the setup for 6 months now and dig it. Only issue I've run into is the carlinkit adapter for carplay disconnects every time I hit a bump and their customer service is useless.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Appreciate the reply. The harness you provided will not fit my X. I went with the 7553. The only wire it was missing was the amp control wire. I pulled it off and other harness and inserted it. Still no luck with the sub.

The Joying unit I'm using is an older model with Android 5. Joying modified their bluetooth starting with Android 6 to restrict it from using only their OBD II and TPMS and stream from your phone.

I do have my eye on an Atoto S8 to use more features with the newer versions of Android. They claim the bluetooth is not restricted with their headunits.
What does the connections look like? I wonder if RF changed it. Because you can use the head units from newer models in older Xs

·
Registered
2005 Xterra Off Road
16 Posts
I just bought the Atoto A8 Premium for my 2005 Off Road X and am just replacing the Rockford Fosgate head unit and keeping the sub. Crutchfield suggests I need the Metra 70-7550 harness to hook it up completely but in reading your conversation maybe Crutchfield is wrong?

Also, do I need a mounting kit or anything else? Steering Wheel control adapter maybe? This is the first time in my life installing a deck myself. -Much thanks!!
Mike

·
Registered
2011 Pro-4X
174 Posts
I just bought the Atoto A8 Premium for my 2005 Off Road X and am just replacing the Rockford Fosgate head unit and keeping the sub. Crutchfield suggests I need the Metra 70-7550 harness to hook it up completely but in reading your conversation maybe Crutchfield is wrong?

Also, do I need a mounting kit or anything else? Steering Wheel control adapter maybe? This is the first time in my life installing a deck myself. -Much thanks!!
Mike
Here's everything I purchased to install my Atoto A6 Pro into my 2011 P4X with the Fosgate hu and amp/sub:

Double Din Dash Kit

Metra 70-7551 - retains amp functionality

Metra Axxess ASWC-1 - steering wheel controls

Axxess AX-NIS32BT - bypasses bluetooth controls so your steering wheel controls will work

Carlinkit Wireless Carplay Dongle - for wireless Apple Carplay

It's pretty straight forward once you get all that. Let me know if you have questions.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Whatcha doing next weekend, and how do you like your pizza? :)

Reactions: BKCTX and Visigoth

·
Registered
2011 Pro-4X
174 Posts
Whatcha doing next weekend, and how do you like your pizza? :)
Hahaha! Just let me know if you have questions. The only hiccup I really ran into was getting the steering wheel controls to work before learning I needed that Bluetooth bypass.

You also can jump the wires yourself to bypass the bt control, but it’s tight under the passenger seat and there’s not much wire to play with so I opted to pay the $10 and just plug it in.

I forgot to mention that I also did a backup cam and that was super easy with the atoto too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Here's everything I purchased to install my Atoto A6 Pro into my 2011 P4X with the Fosgate hu and amp/sub:
I installed the Axxess ASWC-1 with an Alpine head unit but did not install the Axxess AX-NIS32BT. The steering wheel volume and forward/back controls worked for about two years, then intermittently worked and finally stopped working. I checked the connections between the ASWC-1 and wiring harness and everything still seemed tight. I bought a second ASWC-1 and swapped the control units, but the new one didn't work either. Any ideas what might be wrong? I'm considering removing and reconnecting everything associated with the ASWC-1 in case a connection is bad that appears to be tight. When I try to pair either the old or new control unit, the seven blinking green lights are short which according to the instructions indicates that nothing is connected.

·
Registered
2011 Pro-4X
174 Posts
I installed the Axxess ASWC-1 with an Alpine head unit but did not install the Axxess AX-NIS32BT. The steering wheel volume and forward/back controls worked for about two years, then intermittently worked and finally stopped working. I checked the connections between the ASWC-1 and wiring harness and everything still seemed tight. I bought a second ASWC-1 and swapped the control units, but the new one didn't work either. Any ideas what might be wrong? I'm considering removing and reconnecting everything associated with the ASWC-1 in case a connection is bad that appears to be tight. When I try to pair either the old or new control unit, the seven blinking green lights are short which according to the instructions indicates that nothing is connected.
The short blinking lights were what I was getting before I bypassed the bluetooth controls. You might want to give it a shot by either jumping the cables yourself or buying the adapter. I think the bluetooth just overrode the direct connection of the aswc-1.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The short blinking lights were what I was getting before I bypassed the bluetooth controls. You might want to give it a shot by either jumping the cables yourself or buying the adapter. I think the bluetooth just overrode the direct connection of the aswc-1.
Thanks, I'll give that a try and report back.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts