Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
on line
807 Posts
lol, my demello sliders were just wrapped in a couple spots with shrink-wrap, no packaging at all.... of course they are not painted/power coated, so there isn't really much to damage.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Yeah, that foam, although makes packing nice and secure is a real PITA to take stuff out. I think it took me longer to get my rear bumper out than to actually put it on. :)

·
on line
1,320 Posts
stevet47 said:
lol, my demello sliders were just wrapped in a couple spots with shrink-wrap, no packaging at all.... of course they are not painted/power coated, so there isn't really much to damage.
Got my shrock sliders bare steel too... no packaging, just a little shrink wrap to hold the invoice and shipping label on one.
Definitely no need to worry about them getting damaged... the Fedex guy has to worry more about them damaging them something else!

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
muzikman said:
Yeah, that foam, although makes packing nice and secure is a real PITA to take stuff out.....I think I only waited 5 months or so for the bumper. :)
Dude you are mighty hard to please!

Dont forget you ordered it before the bumper was even completely finalized and shipping yet. It was from the very first batch.

also....I just checked and....you ordered 10/25/05 and it shipped 1/24/06...3 months!

I'm not pissed or anything, but I'm afraid you are scaring the newbs! :D

·
on line
2,070 Posts
Take in consideration about time to build a quality product.
If you have 3 people fab the product and 1 product out of
each person. All is good if you just have 3 orders a day come in.
Now if you get 10 orders every day for 2 weeks.
Then your way backed up for awhile.. then it's possible, it may go back down to 3 a day.
Point is its not practical to get 10 employees when it gets busy.
Then you would be paying for 7 extra employees.
Could this also be a possible reason why the wait is so long?
Not for sure, but when i visited every1 was working their ass off.
________
JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE HISTORY

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
BoonDox said:
Then you would be paying for 7 extra employees.
Could this also be a possible reason why the wait is so long?
Not for sure, but when i visited every1 was working their ass off.
Exactly true... December to April is the busiest....summer is slow and we often build up stock on many products.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
shrockworks said:
muzikman said:
Yeah, that foam, although makes packing nice and secure is a real PITA to take stuff out.....I think I only waited 5 months or so for the bumper. :)
Dude you are mighty hard to please!

Dont forget you ordered it before the bumper was even completely finalized and shipping yet. It was from the very first batch.

also....I just checked and....you ordered 10/25/05 and it shipped 1/24/06...3 months!

I'm not pissed or anything, but I'm afraid you are scaring the newbs! :D
I was actually talking about the rear bumper. I think I placed the order in March and it got to me in July.

You will notice one thing, I never called you except to order stuff...so I am a patient person.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
No sweat and I do appreciate the patience...probably more than you know! The rear was also first production run...I just dont want people thinking their order might take 5+ months....unless they are ordering something that isnt in production yet.

And I spent $7K on that foam machine...and the foam itself is very expensive....to try to thwart the FedEx gorillas and get stuff there in one piece...so I'm kinda sensive about that. :D We've gotten better at layering stuff with film so that digging in it usually isnt necessary anymore too.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The foam does a great job protecting, but I think it took me longer un-package the rear bumper than it did to actually put it on.

That foam is nasty stuff though. The tire carrier wasn't totally covered and some got on it. It's still there today, I can't get it off for anything. I have tried just about every solvent on it I can find.

·
on line
232 Posts
shrockworks said:
And I spent $7K on that foam machine...and the foam itself is very expensive....to try to thwart the FedEx gorillas and get stuff there in one piece...so I'm kinda sensive about that. :D We've gotten better at layering stuff with film so that digging in it usually isnt necessary anymore too.
It took me a good 30 mins to scrape out the foam from the box with an ice scraper. The foam bits filled 3 tall kitchen trash bags and I could only fit one bag each week in the trash until it was gone. I'm not bitching, just though you would enjoy the humor. I actually cringed a bit when I was opening the rear bumper box..... whew! Only a little bit of foam :compress:

I also had a dream last night that my front bumper got here before my trip in 2 weeks. :cheers:

·
on line
384 Posts
Kudos to Shrockworks for being willing to step into "our world" and talk to us on the forum instead of hiding behind the phone.

Now that I am done brown-nosing, tell Nick to get my sliders out of his packing folder and onto a delivery truck! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Mosi said:
shrockworks said:
I actually cringed a bit when I was opening the rear bumper box..... whew! Only a little bit of foam :compress:
Yeah we are a lot better with it now. When we first got it we were hosing tons of it in there....then I found out some boxes had $25 worth of foam in there! Should be pretty quick and painless now.

muzikman, If there is some on you product, you have scrape it off... fingernail or credit card works best. Any discoloration left over can be buffed out with automotive paint polishing compound.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts