Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropping into a wash, my 285's didn't rub at all. What you don't see is the front left tire about 8 inches off the ground.

A little improvising with wood beams was needed here. There was no other way around this washout. It doesn't look like much in this pic, but one slide to the side and into the 4 ft ditch you'd go.

This is what happens when you slam your step bars on many rocks. I needed some sliders any way. :)

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Good job with the step rails. Took mine of a couple days before my first official wheeling in the X. Already had my sliders at that time but they were not ready to be installed.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A few more...

Going thru the "Rock Garden"... hence the carnage to my step bars.

I was following one of my buds in his FJ... I had to go thru this part and after seeing him tip like this, I wasn't exactly calm...

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FJ saw a little snack and got scared??? ;)

Sn0
I'm not going to take anything away from FJ's. There were three on this trip, all with 33's and 3 inch lifts. They didn't have near the problems with ground clearance I did (stock susp and 33's).

The section that trashed my step bars (and hit various other things under my X) was less of a problem for the FJ's, but they had lifts, skids and sliders... unlike (dumb) me. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts