Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a guy parting a 2013 Armada Platinum on the cheap, although I have not seen the Armada in person yet as it is about 100 miles away. I called and it still has the suspension and axles and I can get them this weekend if I want. Problem being that I cannot verify if the suspension is compatible, because I see online that the 2013 Armada has 4 wheel independent suspension. Does anybody know if the front suspension and diff components would be compatible? Obviously the rear suspension is going to be wayyyyy off, would be cool though :iconbiggrin:

·
on line
10,980 Posts
That looks to be a picture of the rear suspension and diff, from the right-rear 3/4 looking forwards.

·
on line
4,434 Posts
My wife has a 2013 Armada Platinum. I'll take a look tonight to be sure, but to my knowledge it is the same as the Titan.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
^I agree. See how the diff is in the center? The front diff would be offset. I would think all the front would be the same as the Titan but maybe check part numbers on courtesy's diagrams.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
It's got an M205, just have to figure out the gearing.
Look for the axle code on the vehicle's driver door info tag, there will be two letters and two numbers (or at least that's what there should be, and have been in every axle code I've seen for this platform ... haven't had anyone look at an Armada yet though) ... the numbers in that code will (should) point to the axle gear ratio. 29 = 2.94:1, 31 = 3.13:1, 33 = 3.36:1, etc.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I will look at the axle code this weekend when I go take the parts off. I am concerned about the condition of the diff, got some more information and pictures. Looks like it was rolled on its right side or got hit on the front right. If the control arms are damaged that is not that big of a deal to me as those can be bought for fairly cheap. I just hope the M205 doesn't have any damage. What parts should I take from it?

-UCA & LCA (provided they aren't damaged)
-Half Axles
-M205
-Brake Cables?
-Are the coils & shocks any good?

·
on line
4,434 Posts
Gaah! Well I looked, and it looks exactly like the titan diff in my Xterra.

HOWEVER, I just remembered that her Armada is a 2012. We got it at a serious year end discount price with over $7500 in rebates.

Didn't check the build sticker, no idea what the gear ratio is.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
44 Posts
Armadas and V8 Pathy's have the same drivetrain set-up. The front suspension is different though, and the Armada shares that with the Titan. Rear is same as the Pathy.

Rear is IRS with an R230 (larger ring gear than a Titan) but seriously, you don't want IRS, solid axle > IRS/IFS any day, you guys know that.

Armada has the same M205 up front found in the Titan and V8 Pathy

The V8 Pathy has shorter axle shafts, which would be compatible for a direct swap into an X or Fronty with a little maneuvering of the speed senors. Aramdas came in 2.94 or 3.36 (Big Tow package). Pathfinders only had the 2.94's. So I swapped Aramda/QX 56 differentials on my Pathy. ALL QX56's are 3.36.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was able to narrow down that it should have the M205 with a 3.357 gear ratio. According to the Nissan Armada Brochure a 4x4 Platinum will have the 3.357 gearing. Had the guy send me the VIN to verify it was a Nissan Armada 4x4 Platinum. I am headed up tomorrow to get it. What other parts should I pull while I'm there? So far I plan on pulling the Diffs, UCAs, LCAs, and the half axles.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was able to narrow down that it should have the M205 with a 3.357 gear ratio. According to the Nissan Armada Brochure a 4x4 Platinum will have the 3.357 gearing. Had the guy send me the VIN to verify it was a Nissan Armada 4x4 Platinum. I am headed up tomorrow to get it. What other parts should I pull while I'm there? So far I plan on pulling the Diffs, UCAs, LCAs, and the half axles.
Any reason you're pulling the rear diff?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anyone know a way to verify the gear ratio for sure? I spun the input by hand until the output completed 1 rotation and it appeared to be the 3.36/3.357 gear ratio.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts