Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to add a 1.5" Calmini shackle in the back to prevent or reduce bottoming. will the standard shocks of my OR ( Bilstein ) be long enough for the extra 1.5" ? Will I get driveline vibration from a 1.5" lift ? Thanks.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
I've been running the AC shackles (+2") for the last year plus with my stock Bilstiens without issue. I am planning on changing them out for but for stiffer shocks more than the longer shocks. The shackles give +2 more worth of compression while giving up 2" worth of downwards travel.

I note no vibration at all - tested to 95 mph. :cheers:

·
on line
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PaulXyZ said:
I've been running the AC shackles (+2") for the last year plus with my stock Bilstiens without issue. I am planning on changing them out for but for stiffer shocks more than the longer shocks. The shackles give +2 more worth of compression while giving up 2" worth of downwards travel.

I note no vibration at all - tested to 95 mph. :cheers:
Is it too much stress on stock leaves when you add those extra 2" of downwards travel ? Calmini includes bumpstops extension in their AAL kit, which I'm trying to avoid.

·
on line
259 Posts
Yes, stock bilsteins can handle an extra 1.5".

Yes, you really want to get AAL for the bottom out part. Or you can do the shackle AND a Trimben bump stop...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts