Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I know if my leaf springs are bad? They seem pretty flat... I have a 2" spacer up front and 2" shackle lift in back. If I do need to replace them, what hardware will I need?

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Does your rear end sag? Meaning when your vehicle is on a level surface and it rained, the water would run off the back of the rig rather than the front?

Our leaf springs are crap, being an '07 they are most likely shot. You can go with OME, Deaver or the preferred, most expensive, longest lead time Alcans.

You will need new u-bolts with the change. You should be able to re-use everything else and they will be built with new bushings, etc.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
lol I was thinking more along the lines of buying used out of a wrecked Xterra
One thing to consider is that they'll just wear out and go flat as well and you'll have to replace them again.
Or they will all ready be flat. I just saw Xterror (I think) cut down some jeep commando leafs and use them.

·
on line
684 Posts
Yeah they are most likely shot.

My xterra doesn't even sag but I do know my leafs are shot as hell. My rear suspension bottoms out on things my good friend's Audio A4 doesn't bottom out on.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does your rear end sag? Meaning when your vehicle is on a level surface and it rained, the water would run off the back of the rig rather than the front?

Our leaf springs are crap, being an '07 they are most likely shot. You can go with OME, Deaver or the preferred, most expensive, longest lead time Alcans.

You will need new u-bolts with the change. You should be able to re-use everything else and they will be built with new bushings, etc.
When I visited the OME site, Xterra was not listed as an option...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I go to AAL, my rear lift will go from 2" to 2.5", probably higher if I stick with the Daystar shackles. I'll need longer rear shocks. What are the go-to's around here? I know the Bilstein 5100's are popular, but if I remember correctly there is need for consideration of the angle of the bushing for mounting? (straight away, 90deg, etc)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts