Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked with Seth at ARB about developing a locker for us. And he says it's on the bottom of the priority list because there's not a market for it and it's a grocery getter now.

I asked him what kind of market he needed. And he said they would pretty much need 100 guarenteed purchases to even consider creating one.

With that being said, I'm not looking for sob stories, I'm not looking for tall tale stories of crap.

I'm looking for people who are interested in pushing this company to at least look into it. Because they have no intentions of even looking at this right now.

Rules of this thread:
A) If you don't want one, don't say anything.
B) If you're interested then say you are.
C) Which ones? Front, back, both?
D) Don't repost...you've said you wanted one...that's all we need to know in this thread.

I'm doing this because this will make the count VERY easy. I'd like to see us get up over 100 and maybe we can convince them to at least ponder the idea.

EDIT: This is all contingent on what the price is, obviously. You will not be FORCED to purchase one as we don't know a price.

I'm interested in Front only.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I am interested in front for sure (obviously though, I think we are going to need new gears for it as well).

I might be interested in rear as well in the future (I can see this stock locker crapping out).

·
on line
429 Posts
FRONT for me, never know when I might have to munch a curb or shopping cart a the grocery store.

·
on line
53 Posts
front at a minimum, rear when the factory one dies.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Both.

It's funny how you can get a different story from a company, depending on which employee you talk to. I tried contact Tim Lund (tech supervisor) in Seattle last week, but ended up just leaving a voice mail for him. Tim told me about one month prior that they found someone locally who was going to donate their X so that they could tear into the axles, do a spline count and maybe try to do a test fit if possible.

The guy I spoke to before they passed me on to Tim's voice mail told me that he heard that they sent an Xterra axle (which one, I don't know) to the ARB engineering department in Australia.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Both F&R.

For those that don't have the OR edition please make sure that you don't get a front locker first.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I am! I bought an "S" thinking ARB would have an air locker and a front to match. (Or pretty soon) I have already replaced almost everything I would have gained with an OR. So here I sit waiting to be locked front and rear. Get with ARB, I even had the air waiting! 85 psi! And good Idea about the new gears to go with it.
MC

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Definetely rear

·
TNX Administrator
20,502 Posts
Why don't you make this into a poll - so at a glance we can see what the totals are?

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.