Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all these broken front and rear diff issues, would it be safe to say that by installing an aftermarket locker it would fix these issues? Is it the diff thats going south or something else in there? I know nobody makes a locker for front but in the future if someone steps up, im just wondering if this would solve our problems.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
A front locker would certainly solve the issue with our fragile spider gears. As soon as there's a front locker available, I'm getting one.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just got off the phone with ARB and they gave me some bad news. They have no immediate plans to make a front locker as of right now. The guy i talked to also stated that if the housing is another weak point then there is no point in ever even attempting to make one for our rigs. He said that was the case with a certain Chevy 1/2 ton pickup. There were so many demands for it but according to engineers at ARB, the housing wasnt stong enough so they scratched the whole project. Does anyone have any information regarding our front diff housings? Im hoping they are strong enough but some of these pictures of blown housings are making me lose hope. When i asked him about the FJ's front diff and housing, he said those were very robustly built. I hope there is hope.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts