I guess I'm just now worried because obviously something wasn't right here. Yeah it might fit now that the groove has been made... but it shouldn't have done that in the first place. So should I even keep using the cover at this point? Am I overthinking it?Well the groove has now been cut and it looks like there’s no longterm/major damage. I’d Dremel/file off a little more clearance on the cover and run it.
The first time it was opaque white. Second time was sort of a gray color, but still opaque. Third time it was finally transparent but still gray-ish.Edit: Apparently reading is hard. 4th drain for you. How’d the fluid look?
This 4th time it finally looked normal, if MAYBE a little off colored. I've got enough oil for, like, 2-3 more changes though so I'm just going to keep doing it until I'm out of oil. Might be overkill but I have no idea how long the contaminated oil was in there so I'm not taking any chances.
I'll tell you what really helped though. Once the pumpkin is drained, jack up one side of the axle only. Once it's at a good angle, let it sit like that for a few minutes, then drop it and lift up the other side. I got a LOT of contaminated oil out of the tubes by doing that on the 3rd drain, even though the oil in the pumpkin looked better. I'd say the bad oil can more easily sit in the axle tubes and not drain compared to the oil in the pumpkin.