Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took the time to install the CKMA12 today. It was 100% super easy.

This spot in the engine bay was workable. It's easy to eventually install a bumper mounted remote line.

Wiring went along inside the front grille area where the factory bumper used to mount. It was exactly the right length.

The ARB switch fits in the nissan sized switch slots. I removed the spacer on the underpanel and stuff it in there.

Illumination was tapped off the 4WD selector switch. Its the red (with silver dots) wire on the 2005 Manual model.

·
on line
4,593 Posts
Huh. I didn't realize these were so affordable.

They can be used as a compressor for airing up tires, yes?
I mean they're not exclusive to air-lockers, correct?

I'm not sure I can see where the hose bib would connect.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
XK - Here's the tech-specs: http://store.arbusa.com/Assets/PDF/compressorTechnicalSpecifications.pdf ... the CKMA12 is the middle-spec'd unit ... does 3 cfm, no-load, and ~2.3 @ 29psi ... so similar (or maybe slightly better) performance to the popular red MV compressors. Viable for tires, but maybe not as fast as some of the bigger units in the same price point (couple hundred MSRP) ... if you saw a really cheap one (<$100 MSRP) that was probably the CKSA12 ... which *is* just for lockers and not especially viable for tires, due to low output.

The CKMA12 can be set-up to use a hose by putting a quick release into one of the manifold ports (though they - I believe - are threaded for BPT, not NPT) ... that's where S&S has a solenoid and pressure switch attached in his pics ... they're the small items on top, in the side view ... the solenoid has a black wire loom coming out of it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the ARB for its use with lockers, excellent install kit, and strongest pedigree in the business.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Surf, yours looks like it might be a CKSA12. If it is, does it run 2 lockers without issue? I have a smittybuilt to fill tires. I just want the ARB for lockers and prefer to not want to be tempted to use it to air up and get dirt in the connections popping the inflation kit on and off.

·
on line
22,508 Posts
Surf, yours looks like it might be a CKSA12. If it is, does it run 2 lockers without issue? I have a smittybuilt to fill tires. I just want the ARB for lockers and prefer to not want to be tempted to use it to air up and get dirt in the connections popping the inflation kit on and off.
Correct, mine is the little guy. It is meant only for lockers, not meant for tires etc. It is built for running 2 air lockers. The manifold come with two ports, and the manual and instructions specify that each port is meant for a locker. The output is perfect for running one or two lockers, but definilty not enough for air tools or tire inflation. It *could* air up tires in a pinch, but it would take forever and a year. I have a seperate compressor (Smittybilt 2781, the highest output on the market @5.65cfm dominating my old and commonly owned POS MV-1050 Masterflow Tsunami aka MV-50 which put out 2.54 cfm.)

·
on line
4,593 Posts
The CKMA12 can be set-up to use a hose by putting a quick release into one of the manifold ports (though they - I believe - are threaded for BPT, not NPT) ... that's where S&S has a solenoid and pressure switch attached in his pics ... they're the small items on top, in the side view ... the solenoid has a black wire loom coming out of it.
Ah, I got it.
Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts