Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just what it says. I'm relatively new to the site, new to wheelin', and have lived in the area for just over a year. I know a few of the nice twisties because of the bike, but haven't explored much with my X.

I'm looking for some nice mellow trails that are more on the scenic side as opposed to the insane rock crawling side of things.

I have a stock '06 OR with Shrock sliders.

I've been up the back way to Gross Reservoir, and been up the entrance to Lefthand; but turned around when I saw some gnarly rig almost flip (seams I was looking at the entrance to Carnage Canyon).

I've been reading about a few local trails (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php), but am a bit apprehensive about going it alone.

So, anyone interested?

·
on line
3,262 Posts
doesnt ponyboy live in Colorado..... He might have some wheeling plans in the future. He would be a great person to pop your cherry, especially since his X is SASed.

·
TNX Administrator
20,234 Posts
:pirate: "Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated t' Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise t' share what you learn!" :3some:

So let t' mods begin: http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2742 :thumbup:

·
on line
2,077 Posts
jollyman78 said:
.....but am a bit apprehensive about going it alone.

So, anyone interested?

don't feel bad about that, it's never a good idea to wheel alone, should always wheel with a buddy, even if you've been down the trail a million times.....you're right to feel apprehensive.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Well you can come to Utah and ill show you some trails :)

·
on line
111 Posts
I'm still waiting for my armor, but if it shows up before the snow flies I'm up for a run. Check out the local 4x4 club, roninwheelers.com for more local stuff.

·
on line
97 Posts
Yea man I am the same exact as you r! I moved out to CO about 1 1/2 yrs ago from PA and just got my new 07 OR and took it down my first trail 2 days ago. I am also new to off roading and want to meet a friend to go climb some trails with.

I work 10pm to 6am and can go almost any morning / afternoon. I also live close to you as I am over by Golden, CO in Arvada to be precise. I want to go back to where I just was and find the trail I was looking for the frist time and it would be awsome to go drive it with a new buddy! THe trail is listed on my other post.

E-mail me and will start talking.

Till then...

Check out my other post about my first trail here here in CO:

http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5984&highlight=

·
on line
1,884 Posts
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php

A ton of trail info for a bunch of places. I'm no longer in Golden or I hit the trail with you. Check out RMXC if they are doing anything. They helped me a ton when I got my new X. Ponyboy is the treasurer of the club (he uses the dues to pay for his SAS... :geek: )

Welcome aboard

·
on line
259 Posts
jollyman78 said:
Dude, I live in Boulder too. I have a silver 2005 OR. I haven't been wheeling much this summer, my wife is about to have our first baby (so no bumping around for her) and I've been kayaking and riding my bike.

I'm always looking for someone to go explore the local trails.

Lets get out there and do some wheelin'.

JJ

·
on line
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seams I didn't click the "notify of replies" button' just now checked the thread...

atekt said:
Well you can come to Utah and ill show you some trails :)
VERY tempting. I've been looking at a lot of Utah (mostly Moab) videos and pics recently, and I'm feelin' an itch for a road trip.

Scott said:
I'm still waiting for my armor, but if it shows up before the snow flies I'm up for a run. Check out the local 4x4 club, roninwheelers.com for more local stuff.
I've checked out the Ronin site before, and those guys seam a bit extreme! I may have to look again, see if they have more of a noob run.

xterra owner said:
Yea man I am the same exact as you r! I moved out to CO about 1 1/2 yrs ago from PA and just got my new 07 OR and took it down my first trail 2 days ago. I am also new to off roading and want to meet a friend to go climb some trails with.

I work 10pm to 6am and can go almost any morning / afternoon. I also live close to you as I am over by Golden, CO in Arvada to be precise. I want to go back to where I just was and find the trail I was looking for the frist time and it would be awsome to go drive it with a new buddy! THe trail is listed on my other post.

E-mail me and will start talking.

Till then...

Check out my other post about my first trail here here in CO:

http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5984&highlight=
Sounds like my Carnage Canyon experience, instead I turned around.
I'll PM ya and try to set something up!

RogueClimber said:
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php

A ton of trail info for a bunch of places. I'm no longer in Golden or I hit the trail with you. Check out RMXC if they are doing anything. They helped me a ton when I got my new X. Ponyboy is the treasurer of the club (he uses the dues to pay for his SAS... :geek: )

Welcome aboard
After about a month, my membership was finally approved for the RMXC site. I put a similar post up there, but never heard anything... They don't seam to have a lot going on with the site, maybe that's because they're always on the trails!

Rastaman said:
jollyman78 said:
Dude, I live in Boulder too. I have a silver 2005 OR. I haven't been wheeling much this summer, my wife is about to have our first baby (so no bumping around for her) and I've been kayaking and riding my bike.

I'm always looking for someone to go explore the local trails.

Lets get out there and do some wheelin'.

JJ
Cool! Maybe you, xterra owner and I can get a run together.

I developed an oil leak on the bike, so I won't be ridin' this weekend... you two busy-ish?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts