1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
on line
2,263 Posts
I run the Mickey Thompsons MTZ and have alomst 30k on them with pleanty of tread left, so I would think that the Mickeys would be a good tire.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I have done a couple sets of the ATZ. They are a great tire and last quite a while. The main thing is to keep them rotated as once the fronts get cupped they tend to get a bit loud inside.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Silver,

I am running the Mickey ATZs as well, very pleased with them. I would have gotten them in a Load D, but they dont offer that with most of their AT/MT tires. They have gotten noticeable louder since I put them on (have 6k miles on them) and be ready to spend some coin, but they make good stuff.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the feedback everyone.

You guys running the ATZs - are you using the new "P3" version of the ATZ that just came out this summer? It is an all new tire compared to the previous ATZ.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I believe you would be the first on here, pull the trigger!

btw, I lost about 20 miles per tank, aka 1 mpg after putting mine on, yours look a little more agressive

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hah well I'm very seriously contemplating them but I don't like being an 'early adopter'!

And that's good to know about the mileage - I expect to take a hit and hopefully it's not too terrible. The 285s weigh 56lbs which isn't super heavy for that size (Trail Grapplers and such weigh over 60lbs).

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I have used both the standard and P3. The p3 is quieter and is available in a "P" and an "E" rated LT. The LT is a rougher ride but is extremely durable where as the p3 is more comfort oriented.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts