Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rather than recreate the wheel, so to speak, I was wondering if anyone had the bolt location dimensions for the top strut mount. I'm planning on making some 1/4" aluminum spacers (or whatever will fit with my 5100's) here at work to add just a little more lift (I just have to do this to satisfy my curiosity to see how far I can push it before CB contact and I have access to a CNC router, so why not?). So, if anyone has the dimensions, please let me know.

If you have a strut mounting plate with the bolts installed sitting around, I need the dimension from the outward bolt center to one of the inward bolt centers, then the spacing between the two inward bolts, center to center.

If I can't find them here, I'll just pull a strut and measure it, then post it up for anyone else that wants to know...

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
You know, PRG makes a 1/4" thick spacer (which will impart a 1/2" lift). It's always fun to make it yourself, but there's not much need to experiment there. That said, if he's willing to play ball, he might be a good source to get the dimension (hell, he probably even has a file he can just send you).

Additionally, I think the general consensus is that anything bigger than a 2" spacer will cause CBC with stock UCAs.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You know, PRG makes a 1/4" thick spacer (which will impart a 1/2" lift). It's always fun to make it yourself, but there's not much need to experiment there. That said, if he's willing to play ball, he might be a good source to get the dimension (hell, he probably even has a file he can just send you).

Additionally, I think the general consensus is that anything bigger than a 2" spacer will cause CBC with stock UCAs.
I know PRG sells them. I wouldn't want to call Greg and ask for dimensions of a part he's making. That would be too much to ask. My point was to make them myself for free. Plus, if I want to go a little thicker, or thinner, I have the file (and the router) and can just make another set, which will be nice if I end up with aftermarket UCA's later and want a thicker spacer.

Keep in mind that I have stock UCA's and Bilstein 5100's, so the front is "extended" more than stock. There's about 1/4" gap between the UCA and the CB and I want to use that up - knowing that I might get light (occasional) CB contact when the bushings flex. This is more of a "because I can/curiosity" thing than anything else, as well as getting the absolute maximum amount of lift out of my setup. ALL this for 0.4" more lift... LOL. But, that's me. :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yes, I made a set of 1/4" thick spacers as well for the same purpose - seeing how much I could tweak my lift. I have the dimensions written down at home. I also traced out a template from my commercial bought spacers because the bolt holes are not evenly spaced at 120 degrees apart IIRC. I can dig the stuff out when I get off work.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I made a set of 1/4" thick spacers as well for the same purpose - seeing how much I could tweak my lift. I have the dimensions written down at home. I also traced out a template from my commercial bought spacers because the bolt holes are not evenly spaced at 120 degrees apart IIRC. I can dig the stuff out when I get off work.
Thanks! When I did my lift, I noticed the bolts were not spread evenly. They form an isosceles triangle. I just didn't think to measure them at the time.

·
on line
306 Posts
I tried turning my prg spacer down and putting bils 5100 on the first notch. Could get to .9 inches to stop cb contact. Though I bet not each UCA is made the same.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After doing a little more investigation, I don't have enough thread on the strut mount bolts to add a spacer. I have less than 1/4" showing above the CB, so my plans are changing to make my own spacers with longer bolts. I don't want to replace the factory bolts, because I'd have to go through that coil compressor fiasco again... not my idea of fun.

·
on line
306 Posts
After doing a little more investigation, I don't have enough thread on the strut mount bolts to add a spacer. I have less than 1/4" showing above the CB, so my plans are changing to make my own spacers with longer bolts. I don't want to replace the factory bolts, because I'd have to go through that coil compressor fiasco again... not my idea of fun.
Get some prg 2" spacers and turn them down to your liking. Easy. Although you can't go too thin or the stock strut mount studs will stick up too high.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts