Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After owning my X for almost a year now, I found out that our X's come with passive arming. It automatically locks the doors 1 minute after all door are shut and are still unlocked. This was the first time I found out about it and luckily I didn't have my keys inside the X. Long story short, is there any way to disable the passive arming system? It just seems like it may be an accidental lockout waiting to happen and a good reason to get the keyless entry pad from Brian.

·
on line
113 Posts
If you have the original factory key with the chip in it (not the valet key or a spare) , your doors wont lock automatically if the keys are inside.

·
on line
807 Posts
I was under the impression that it will only lock itself if you unlock it, but then don't open the doors within ~30 seconds. For example if you get out of your truck, lock the doors, then as your walking away you accidentally unlock the doors.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: My X stays in my garage, all the time it's out of USE--

--After I pull in the garage and get out, I never have to unlock the doors again !!

--Unless ,I BRUSH against the FOB at some point in time--

--Nissan FOBs, have to be the mosr sensitive, on the market--

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
3,262 Posts
stevet47 said:
I was under the impression that it will only lock itself if you unlock it, but then don't open the doors within ~30 seconds. For example if you get out of your truck, lock the doors, then as your walking away you accidentally unlock the doors.
This is correct.

·
on line
564 Posts
hollywoodstylin said:
... a good reason to get the keyless entry pad from Brian.

Dude, just get the keyless entry pad. It's extremely convenient when I'm cycling, hiking, kayaking, etc... All vehicles should come with that as standard equipment. I never take the keys out of my vehicle any more.

Rob

·
on line
564 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:
robnfl said:
I never take the keys out of my vehicle any more.

Rob
Where do you live again?? :rofl:

Oh well...it's insured....

·
on line
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
juntao said:
is there any difference between the one from yournissanparts and the one from trademotion? i'm interested in one but looking for the cheapest available
Both of them have the same part number, so I don't think there is a difference. Brian aka Jerseyparts was the one that made yournissanparts.com what it was. In case you didn't know, he has left and moved to Cherry Hill Nissan and operates enissanparts.com or as you mentioned trademotion. It's currently cheaper on enissanparts.com at $53.75 vs. ($65 -10% using discount code =) $58.50 on yournissanparts.com not including shipping & handling and/or tax.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts