Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are traveling up this way this month and wanted to know if anyone knows any trails / roads to explore in this area?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
554 Posts
Did you ever find any tails? Any recommendations? I bet you saw some fire damage from a few years back.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you ever find any tails? Any recommendations? I bet you saw some fire damage from a few years back.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Hi CAchief,
Never found anything to speak of. We did find a bit of off roading at the back of one of the campgrounds around Sonoma Lake. Not worth the effort looking for though. The lake itself is beautiful and we stopped for a while at the marina. We started on Canyon Rd out of Geyserville and turned on Dry Creek Rd. My initial research led me to believe there were some roads to explore up by the fish hatchery but everything was blocked. Skaggs Springs Rd is nice and I did see some nice roads but everything was closed or blocked. Don't try hwy 128 in my opinion, PGE is cutting dead wood and there are 30-45min delays in various spots. We hit three of them with cars backed up for quite a ways. I went to use an out house on private property and got chewed out. I don't know how they expect to close roads for hours and not provide bathrooms...

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
554 Posts
I went to Sonoma State so I have fond memories of NorCal. I never did explore many trails around there. We did USAL Beach and some trails around Tahoe.

Did you at least get to use the outhouse before you got chewed out??

·
Registered
47 Posts
Cow mountain east of Ukiah has tons. Mendocino NF North of Upper Lake has trails for years. Knoxville OHV south of Lower Lake is great too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts