Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
1,320 Posts
no personal experience but they are well known and seem to have a good rep in the tuner community.
the price ain't half bad.

·
on line
631 Posts
OBX is a reputable company and their parts are reasonably priced. i had the intake manifold on my last honda, good quality. nice welds, good porting, no problems on installation. doesnt look that bad IMO.

·
on line
44 Posts
i wouldn't get them if they were given to me for free. there is a thread about them floating on here about these same exact headers. most, if not all, their stuff is copied from another company. I used to work in the aftermarket tuner industry a few years ago and never liked their intakes or springs much. IMO do not get them. spend the money on some better ones.

·
on line
133 Posts
the other nissan board that I have been with for 3 years is currently down, but the only header manufacture that they seemed to have a problem with was Hotshot.

I don't recall abou the OBX brand, but I can attest that no one has had any problems with their nismo units, including myself.

·
on line
44 Posts
rs182 said:
Who cares if its copied or not, the quality and price is all that matters.
it would matter if it is copied with lower quality welds. which they have.

·
on line
369 Posts
jiggapn0y said:
rs182 said:
Who cares if its copied or not, the quality and price is all that matters.
it would matter if it is copied with lower quality welds. which they have.
That would make sense as it pertains to the quilty of the headers, not to where the original R&D came from. I believe I have also read on this board that the quality of these headers is questionable. Too bad the NISMO headers are so damn expensive.

·
on line
161 Posts
xterrock hate to break it to you but this is about as cheep of a header as you will find.
The Nismo ones are 600 or something ridiculous as always, not CARB legal, and not street legal even if they were CARB legal. So this seems like a nice fit, i might look into it because im really interested in fixing up my Y pipe, my headers and maybe my cats, maybe.

But these look decent. i think my friend is running OBX on his 93 civic coupe and his car is in great condition and always runs well.

I think ill take a closer look.

·
on line
369 Posts
We need some good images of the welds and mounting flanges. I've heard many people had problems with the SLR headers for 2nd gen X's; the primaries weren't fully welded to the collectors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts