Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
on line
117 Posts
My 2015 was showing all these issues - SB NTB15-011 appears to have addressed a lot of them, took mine from D207 to D407.

Tech left the USB stick sitting on the passenger seat so now I have it. I might be able to copy it somewhere and share it with anyone who might need it.

·
on line
117 Posts
Don’t know who told you that but the dealer installed D407 and I still have the thumb drive in case I have to reflash it again
Actually I just re-flashed it the other night, the old issues started to reappear... took about 40 mins to complete ... so far so good.

Only did it because the rear view camera was staying on and it was distracting while I could see what was behind me

·
Registered
64 Posts
So, I contacted the local Dealership Service Department and they said they did not have a USB thumb drive and they would have to "order/request" one...

What do I need to specifically ask for in regards to updating from the software D207 and firmware 032? Ask about a Service Bulletin, or anything like that? How long is the process and for how much $$$? (Can I do this myself somehow...?)

BREAK...

Does anybody know if the latest software & firmware from a '19 Frontier P4X would work on our Xterra's? Is the latest for the X's the same as the Fronty's? MNY THX!

·
on line
117 Posts
So, I contacted the local Dealership Service Department and they said they did not have a USB thumb drive and they would have to "order/request" one...

What do I need to specifically ask for in regards to updating from the software D207 and firmware 032? Ask about a Service Bulletin, or anything like that? How long is the process and for how much $$$? (Can I do this myself somehow...?)

BREAK...

Does anybody know if the latest software & firmware from a '19 Frontier P4X would work on our Xterra's? Is the latest for the X's the same as the Fronty's? MNY THX!

I can zip up the thumb drive and put it somewhere you can ftp it from, it’s about 3.6gb zipped

Takes approx 40 mins, you can’t do anything while it’s running, it tells you when to remove the thumb drive and then it does a few restarts

For the IT nerds out there, it’s based on Linux

ntb15-011 Is the SB to ask about

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Roger that! If you can get a link, let me know.

Also, I see this particular bulletin covers the early 2016 Frontier. Any idea if the '19s are using D407?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I can zip up the thumb drive and put it somewhere you can ftp it from, it’s about 3.6gb zipped

Takes approx 40 mins, you can’t do anything while it’s running, it tells you when to remove the thumb drive and then it does a few restarts

For the IT nerds out there, it’s based on Linux

ntb15-011 Is the SB to ask about
Did you ever put up the link for the software download? Is it easy to install/update? My maps seems old and can't find a lot of places at times. $150 is kinda steep.

Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
With the latest Map SD Card that I have installed (V08) and the most current available (V10) BOTH costing $150, I'll be using "Waze" & "Android Auto" on my Android Smartphone on a dashboard holder from here on out.

I paid $150 every year for a new Map SD Card for my '15 P4X, but my area here in VA was only updated ONCE with each new card. Juice not worth the squeeze.

Still curious about the Software & Hardware versions on the '19 Frontier (P4X and SL models)...

·
NewX’er 4life
2,516 Posts
With the latest Map SD Card that I have installed (V08) and the most current available (V10) BOTH costing $150, I'll be using "Waze" & "Android Auto" on my Android Smartphone on a dashboard holder from here on out.

I paid $150 every year for a new Map SD Card for my '15 P4X, but my area here in VA was only updated ONCE with each new card. Juice not worth the squeeze.

Still curious about the Software & Hardware versions on the '19 Frontier (P4X and SL models)...
I suppose you won't be putting that V10 on google drive eh? >:)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts

·
on line
117 Posts
Thank you sir for the quick response but this is not what I need.. I think? I'll just stick with Google maps. Don't wanna mess with the firmware since I really don't know what I'm doing here just in case something messes up.
I wonder who supplies Nissan with the map updates, must do some research into that

·
Registered
20 Posts
Any other info on this firmware update?

USB format? FAT32, NTFS?

System powered up first, then insert drive? Insert drive, then power up?

Thanks for the files man. Awesome!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
HA!

The (3) local Nissan Dealership Service Depts EACH say that they want $150 to perform this same Software update to D407 (NOT the Map SD Card V10 for Navigation, mind you).

The Service Mngrs state that once the vehicle is past the 3yr/30k warranty, the software update will have to be paid for...

HA!

MNY THX for the update link, as I will install this update myself tonight. More to follow...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I wonder who supplies Nissan with the map updates, must do some research into that
HERE maps is the company that puts out the SD Card map data. Here is a photo of the Nav Data screen on the v10 SD Card. I'm happy so far. several roads near me are now shown on the map.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 112 Posts