Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Wondering about these light mounts?????????
Anyone have them>?

Thinking of doing some front and rear lights.....and a roof cargo rack but those damn racks are so %^%%$#@#$ expensive......Anyone know of a cheap decent one???
The yakima seems to be what 99% of people have.......I'm also wondering about a ladder from the rack I could jump on as I'm not much bigger than papa smurf. :bigsmurf:

·
on line
2,081 Posts
I saw those brackets installed on a rack on Friday and there is way little room for lights underneath them like they have pictured. The lights would be tiny. The guy that had them mounted had 4 lights mounted to the roof bin and wasn't even using those mounts.

Search Ebay for the Yak Rack, got mine for under $200 shipped on Ebay brand new - There is a guy on there selling them.

·
on line
295 Posts
I have them. Don't use them for below behind the fairing though, why bother? Right now I have one on front for the CB antenna and one on back for the Xtra back up light. Have 2 Hellas to mount on the front. Works great for me.

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Night in Armor said:
I have them. Don't use them for below behind the fairing though, why bother? Right now I have one on front for the CB antenna and one on back for the Xtra back up light. Have 2 Hellas to mount on the front. Works great for me.
Hey NH you think you cold post a pic when ya get a free min.........Thanks...
I'll probably opt out on this idea and just go with regular Roof lights on top...Just wondering what it looked like though.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
as i was finishing up my rear bumper, i decided to remove the spare and place it up top. too bad i cant make a basket cause the yaks are expensive. you can get them for under $200 on ebay but im having trouble finding a serial number for our xterras. are they all the same? i found a couple with 7070 on it.

·
on line
90 Posts
Light Mounts

Per Rinky there is not enough room to mount lights on the underside the lights would be to small .You could put them ontop but my problem is getting it into the Geroo but i will use the brackets for the rear lights and the smaller lights would be ok . Here is a pict with the four on the roof mounted to the Rack.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
I'm getting my LoadWarrior installed in hopefully less than a month and the light brackets+lights soon after. I'll be sure to post photos.

You do know that you can mount on the top side of the brackets too right?
________
Jailbroken

·
on line
2,081 Posts
Here's the pic Walt was trying to post of his X. Check out those lights on the front! :) His was the X in question that I saw on Friday night not utlizing the Yak mounts.

·
on line
32 Posts
RiNkY said:
Here's the pic Walt was trying to post of his X. Check out those lights on the front! :) His was the X in question that I saw on Friday night not utlizing the Yak mounts.

How did you mount the lights to the bumper.

·
on line
2,081 Posts
He kinda explained it to me, but will let him answer. I think he mounted a bar under there somewhere to mount them to. Looked awesome when he turned them on in the dark.

·
on line
90 Posts
Bumper lights

I removed the front bumper cover and on the lower part of the bumper in light gray is a cap that can be removed .I used a flat plate or bar almost like a long ruler for the under side for a brace as there is no metal close enough to the bumper cover. spaced the lights drilled the holes threw bumper cover and the brace . Hung the cover and aligned the lights where i wanted them ran the power to them ( relays inline fuses switches ) And there she is . I have been asked at the dealer buy customers if this was a dealer add on . PS the gray cap can be put back on again to cover the holes at a later date if i was to remove the lights for stock look again. I get alot of questions about this set up .Its diffrent hope this helps.
Walt. :glasses1:

·
on line
1,831 Posts
I'm having a friend who fabricates for a Trophy Truck team weld a light rack onto my Yakima Load Warrior. Then I'll have it powder coated black to match the rest of the LoadWarrior.

You can bet on seeing the photos of the process.
________
KISSING ADVICE FORUMS

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Syndicate said:
I'm having a friend who fabricates for a Trophy Truck team weld a light rack onto my Yakima Load Warrior. Then I'll have it powder coated black to match the rest of the LoadWarrior.

You can bet on seeing the photos of the process.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing..
A little light bar welded on my basket would be sweet............
Make sure you post those pics....
"" impatiently waiting.""

·
on line
1,831 Posts
I just checked up with him and he sent me some very rough renders.

He's far from artistic with a pen, but the dude can fab like a madman.

Here's his renders just to give you a rough idea. Just remember though, I'm mounting 4 Hella 4000's at 9" a piece, so these pics aren't drawn to scale:

________
Chilis gift card

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think that's going to look really sweet........Whats your ETA on this project? I kinda want to see yours before I try my own.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts