Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
874 Posts
its just a stock photo for a believe a viper...I am pretty sure they use 2 intakes....

·
on line
807 Posts
http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=STIHIFLW01&c=PE
That link should work, and if it doesn't you just have to put in the year/make/model and the correct picture will come up.

Personally, I don't see how that is any different than the stock intake, besides the fact that is uses a cone filter. If all you want is a cone filter get an AFE or something.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
yeah, that thing just replaces the stock air box and gives you a cone filter. The best thing to do would be to buy a replacement cone filter, and then cut that little restrictive piece out of the stock air box. there was a how to somewhere on this forum (it might be on the sticky page "list of how-to's in an organized fasion")

·
on line
3,218 Posts
I'll tell you man.. If that's a closed box, like a Volant, I'm gonna' be tempted to get one. I've said the intake was a waste for these trucks before, but I did have their CAI on the '01 (it was mostly beneficial), and over the years, I've used a few of their parts on various Dats/Niss I've built. Never had issues w/ their stuff. If it's a true CAI, I'm in.

·
on line
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DBAX said:
I'll tell you man.. If that's a closed box, like a Volant, I'm gonna' be tempted to get one. I've said the intake was a waste for these trucks before, but I did have their CAI on the '01 (it was mostly beneficial), and over the years, I've used a few of their parts on various Dats/Niss I've built. Never had issues w/ their stuff. If it's a true CAI, I'm in.
Closed box intakes are the best for under the hood mounting, and considering this is a truck mounting the filter in the fender well isn't a good idea...

I believe this replaces everything any other intake does except the accordian (sp) tube, so power differences between them should be minimal...

·
on line
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spent some time on the phone with Stillen...

This is a cold air setup, works similiar to the OEM setup, but is a larger box and is plastic (Metal just gets everything hot under the engine bay)...

He said during testing, they found that to keep resonance down they kept the accordian tube, and that all the other "piping" actually did very well in temperature tests...

Seems like a good option for a bolt on intake from a reliable company...

http://www.stillen.com/product_files/403440~inst.pdf PDF File...

I asked about future products, he said keep an eye out for some ECU tuning...

·
on line
1,206 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:
Wiggum said:
I asked about future products, he said keep an eye out for some ECU tuning...
woo hoo. Sounds good to me!
Sweet! Thats what I like to hear! Well I guess we all do! :bounce:

·
on line
355 Posts
i like the way it keeps all the stock piping to keep everything more stock

·
on line
355 Posts
$270 shipped for me... I just can't justify it for a box and filter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts