Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if any1 had prgs drive shafts? It replaces the cv joint to a u-joint? Also extended the new drive shaft 3". Also would like to know how hard would it be to install? Does it need to be speed balanced or anything?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Wondering if any1 had prgs drive shafts? It replaces the cv joint to a u-joint? Also extended the new drive shaft 3". Also would like to know how hard would it be to install? Does it need to be speed balanced or anything?
Posted via Mobile Device
My understanding is Greg (PRG) started to go into production on these, perhaps making one for his own X. However due to a few manufacturing issues did not/does not continue the line..

In So-cal we have JE Reel (Oz, Mastagrog). Others have used Tom Woods (Creak, others) for the custom driveshaft you seek...

A pic of the cv to u-joint ..

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showpost.php?p=541745&postcount=17

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a custom one on my xterra using a custom made spacer to run a Dana flange yoke bolted to a four bolt titan rear pinion yoke. The spacer costs fifty bucks from a machine shop and the flange yoke was thirty bucks
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
127 Posts
The Dana part # is 2-2-1949 just have a 1/2" spacer machined with the same pilot hole as that as it is the same as a 24 spline frontier yoke which is what my xterra had because it's a non locker m226 because it's a 6 speed manual X model
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 4 of 4 Posts