Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
on line
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for pictures of pet barriers installed in the X, i'm trying to decide between a few. Thanks all...

·
on line
5 Posts
I have the pet guard that is made for the xterra (the mesh one) that attaches to the hooks on your X. Worth every penny!! The mess net also helps keep the dog hair in the back when the windows are down. Search the net you should be able to get a better price then the dealer will ever give you. Hope this helps, sorry no pic!!

·
on line
331 Posts
I have the divider and it is great! If you are trying to contain a real small dog it probably will not work though, they slip between the window and the barrier. I think the factory one is better than other options because you can still get to the bin in the floor.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
The divider works great from nissan. Plus it keeps all your crap in the back if you have an accident.

·
on line
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback guys...

My dogs are big, and would require a crate that is the size of the hatch, so these gates are what I need..

I'm trying to keep them off the door panels and windows as well (I keep the rear seats tucked away all the time), so I thought maybe 3 of these, with 1 on either side and one next to me would do the trick...

Thoughts?

·
on line
255 Posts
Wiggum, Nice set of Chocolates!

We no longer have our Lab. Our remaining dog, a Cairn, rides in a crate. When we take a friend's Cairn or a rescue Cairn, two crates fit fine.
With two large dogs in an X, the metal barrier(s) appear to be a good choice..

·
on line
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That picture is actually ripped from Costco's website, I haven't ordered the barriers yet.

My dogs are a female Great Pyrenees and a male Newfoundland. My in-laws have a siberian husky, great pyrenees, and german shepherd that come along often as well.

I think I'll order the barriers soon, i'll post pics when i get them.

·
on line
384 Posts
Wiggum said:
My dogs are a female Great Pyrenees and a male Newfoundland. My in-laws have a siberian husky, great pyrenees, and german shepherd that come along often as well.
You are going to put that much dog mass in that back of an Xterra?!? I would think you would need to put the rear seat down to accommodate them.

My two (standard poodles) just run around the back seat, constantly switching windows. If I actually secured them in the back they might think they were dogs and not humans and that would just traumatize them.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
I too was gonna' say "x2" on the labs, lol. It sounds like Raingler makes one for the Gen2 (I'd like to see a pic of that Broich), and if they do, I agree, it'd be the way to go. Raingler, (for those of you who don't know) makes cargo-webbing restraints and storage nets that are unequaled in quality, and their service is top-notch.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown:-Can't beat that Raingler set up, I don't have any dogs, but I have been using the set (3) for all my trips, top, inside X and also the small Raingler works perfect to contain ropes, towels, raingear and mosquito nets in the rear X overhead brackets--

--extremely strong and adjustable-

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
2 Posts
i actually built one myself out of 2" wide nylon webbing and used carabiners to connect them to the rear seat mounts and the roof mounts worked great. i have a german wirehair pointer and i has held up for two years and at under 20 bucks it was the cheapest fix i could find!!!!! :geek:

·
on line
28 Posts
The nissan one works awesome. Fits perfectly with the use of the ceiling hooks it looks good. The dogs can't come over into the back seat so it saves your seats. I also have a bolster bed in the back for the dogs to lie on. They love it!!!

·
on line
86 Posts
Hey baldguy0722, where did you find the nylon webbing? I can't seem to find the stuff. Looked at Lowes, Petco, and Wallmart with no luck. Haven't tried an autoparts store yet. Online would be ok too.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts