Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats all I used to EVERY single weekend was go to our two nearest dragstrips so I am a dragracer at heart. This is my first ever 4x4 and I'm totally loving it!
Now before I get flamed I know Xterra's aren't meant for the 1320 but they do have some balls and I know a few people have had to of ran their X's down the track a few times for the hell of it. If you have list your mods if any, year and your times. I have always been into sleepers and I think if modded right an Xterra with a 4.0 would make a kickass sleeper, especially the 2wd's.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Even with over sized tires my X is pretty quick. My buddy has the same year fronty and i leave him in the dust. He thinks my X was chipped by the previous owner but i have no idea. Doing a few runs sounds like fun though. Even stock a 7.3 0-60 is somewhat impressive for a 4x4 this size.

It's an 08-S btw

·
Registered
648 Posts
Thanks hgdude I was wanting times by actual people on this site. :geek:
we'll i can't help you with that...if i want to go fast, I've got a motorcycle and a hangglider, when i want to get somewhere with a bunch of gear over what may not be the best "road" i've got my xterra

·
Registered
550 Posts
I dunno if this is normal but with mine but i got 5.6 seconds 0-60 with 265/70/16s on it, zero mods, no skids, and me and a buddy with the stopwatch in the truck. quick little bugga!

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I dunno if this is normal but with mine but i got 5.6 seconds 0-60 with 265/70/16s on it, zero mods, no skids, and me and a buddy with the stopwatch in the truck. quick little bugga!
With stock tires these things are fairly quick. With 33's, bumpers, sliders, skids, etc....it really gets weighed down and becomes a dog unless you do some performance mods. I have a K&N filter, a magnaflow muffler, and the bullydog tuner and my truck feels sorta back to stock, but I would like more power out of it. In due time I suppose....

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No thats called having a sleeper. ;)
I used to race a 2001 4 door Buick Regal. Their not supposed to be fast but it ran low 13's with no traction. :scratch:
Like I said I know Xterra's don't belong on the dragstrip but we all know they are pretty quick for how much they weigh so I wanted some real world times from anyone that said "what the hell" and ran one down the 1320 a few times. :dontknow:

·
on line
1,511 Posts
I ran the wifes 06 2 WD Xterra back in 07 when we were at the track seeing what my WRX Wagon would do.

The X ran a 14.95 at 89, it had catback, Nismo Intake and 91 octane Superchips tune. Remember the 2WD 06 has 2.93:1 final drive, but it is also pretty light, curb weight is 4126. I remember being a bit bummed cause the best I could get out of my WRX was a 13.78, and my wifes BRICK was only slightly over a second slower, I was hoping for a larger margin!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ran the wifes 06 2 WD Xterra back in 07 when we were at the track seeing what my WRX Wagon would do.

The X ran a 14.95 at 89, it had catback, Nismo Intake and 91 octane Superchips tune. Remember the 2WD 06 has 2.93:1 final drive, but it is also pretty light, curb weight is 4126. I remember being a bit bummed cause the best I could get out of my WRX was a 13.78, and my wifes BRICK was only slightly over a second slower, I was hoping for a larger margin!
Very nice!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts