Registered
1,615 Posts
Georgia : Thursday April 2, 2020
5444 cases
176 deaths

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
In the epicenter (NYC) and healthcare professional. {Pharmacist}. I'd estimate ~60-70% infection rate at its apex. Most will be asymptotic carriers. Will end it here, because could rant on and on.

Stay safe, and practice social distancing!
Self quarantine if need be, and understand symptoms

·
Registered
299 Posts
Speaking of pharmacy, don't forget the 2nd, 3rd and 4th line healthcare workers. You see nurses & doctors all over the news, but there are support staff for them. We have patient transport, environmental services, nutrition services, phlebotomist, imaging...I could go on and on also. There's a whole city of people within a healthcare system that support the nurses & docs and have direct contact with infected patients without any recognition.

·
TNX Veteran
4,134 Posts
Guess the media was right.... It isn't them telling the truth that is the problem, it is people who refuse to listen that are.

If the "news" you believe comes from one guy blabbing his mouth for an hour, that ain't news, that's opinion, and regardless of which channel it is, it's dangerous.

Real news comes from verified sources, and it isn't that hard to find.

·
TNX Veteran
3,780 Posts
I don't get the people acting like their entire life is ruined because they are asked to forgo regular activities for a bit. We are all suffering. I see way too many "THIS IS GOVERNMENT TAKEOVER CONSPIRACY. MUH RIGHTS! I SHOULD BE ABLE TO TRAVEL WHERE I WANT". It's frustrating when some take this seriously and others treat it like a hoax. Is it really too much to ask to hang out at home for a little while? I've found TONS of cleanup/yard projects that I never knew existed...

·
Registered
299 Posts
One of the guys I work with is a conspiracy fool! He's driving us crazy. And he says if he gets a call that involves going into a COVID room or cleaning the anesthesia machine after a COVID case, he's not doing it. Boss just said, "I EXPECT each of you to do your job." It's simple. We're in an area with TB, MRSA, C-diff and more. We're around stuff every day. If you can't do the work, you're in the wrong field. /rant

·
Registered
75 Posts

I don't believe most of the conspiracy with this virus and I am taking it seriously. BUT on some other topics. Don't even get me started...?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I don't get the people acting like their entire life is ruined because they are asked to forgo regular activities for a bit. We are all suffering. I see way too many "THIS IS GOVERNMENT TAKEOVER CONSPIRACY. MUH RIGHTS! I SHOULD BE ABLE TO TRAVEL WHERE I WANT". It's frustrating when some take this seriously and others treat it like a hoax. Is it really too much to ask to hang out at home for a little while? I've found TONS of cleanup/yard projects that I never knew existed...
I agree with you to a point, but the rules - at least here - make no sense. For example - I can go to Lowes and mingle with a million other people face to face buying flowers and mulch (and look at me like I am crazy because I have an N95 mask on) - because Lowes is "essential" don't you know. But I can't launch my boat at a public boatramp to go fishing by myself, because the governor closed the boat ramps and state parks because people were rafting up. The rafting up people are currently in someone's back yard still doing there thing, and Lowes is loving it because there raking it in.

Please explain to me the difference:
1) Can't use boat ramp because some people rafted up
2) Can't own a firearm because some used one to commit a crime.

Its a slippery slope IMHO.

·
TNX Veteran
4,134 Posts
Please explain to me the difference:
1) Can't use boat ramp because some people rafted up
2) Can't own a firearm because some used one to commit a crime.

Its a slippery slope IMHO.

I just love the argument of "my rights".

The ENTIRE point of stay at home orders, or closing things down, or any of it, is to NOT OVERWHELM THE HEALTH CARE SYSTEM! Comparing this to your right to bear arms is simply absurd.

For Gods sake people do the math. Right now in Utah, we are holding steady at a 5% positive test rate. Let's be really conservative and say only 5% of the population gets the virus. Utah's population is 3.2 million. That means 160,000 people will get the virus. We are also holding steady at 9.1% of the those who test positive needing a hospital bed. That's 14,560. Utah has about 1.8 hospital beds for every 1000 residents, meaning we have approximately 5,760 total hospital beds (Maternity, ICU, emergency, etc.) of which only a small fraction can be used as isolation rooms, but let's assume all of them can. So if all these numbers were to hold true, which is by far a best case scenario, that would mean there will be 3 people needing EVERY SINGLE HOSPITAL BED in the entire state.

Now ask yourself, which one of those 3 people do you want to be? The one in the bed, the one waiting for one, or one of the many thousands that die waiting?
Now imagine you need a ventilator too.

That's why we need to stay home and slow down the spread of this virus.

BTW, Utah at this point has some of the better numbers.

Part of Freedom that many don't seem to get, is the responsibility that comes with it. Part of being the UNITED States of America, is the personal sacrifice that it takes to maintain it.

You me and everyone else has a RESPONSIBILITY to ourselves, our loved ones, our families, our neighbors, our communities, and our future to stop acting like "My God given rights" are being tread upon.

If that's the feeling any of you have, then ya'll need to grow up.

It's actually your God given Responsibility that you really need to be paying attention to.

Your fish, your lakes, your parks, your schools, the great outdoors will all still be there if we handle this with the grit and determination of "One Nation Under God", in the same manner the greatest generation dealt the 2nd world war..... the difference is this war is in everyone's neighborhood, or it will be soon.

We're all screwed if even a small percentage of us keep on with the selfish tantrums of a 3 year old.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
I am tired of seeing how selfish people behave. The stores keep asking to limit the amount of people in the store and to not bring the whole family. You see mother, father, and two teenagers on their phones following behind. The parking lot at the grocery store is littered with gloves. People just toss them on the ground as they leave. The gloves and masks are annoying. See people wear gloves, reach under their mask and scratch their face with gloved hands. Seeing people on eBay and Amazon trying to profit off their hoard. Mostly I am getting tired of hearing varius state leaders complain about the federal government. They collect taxes from their citizens and had no plan in place for a widespread health issue. They act like it is everyone else responsibility to ready their state. When Cuomo sneered about receiving 400 respirators when he still had a stock pile was blood boiling. Watching him complain of PPE while he used surplus PPE as a backdrop for his speeches. Ugh. Now other states criticizing; these elected leaders need to show self responsibility but they are in self preservation mode. If you are managing one of the most densely populated areas in the US, maybe you should prepare for an emergency before it happens. Maybe you should take some of that tax money from all those people and apply it to emergency equipment and preparedness. Not sit there demanding everyone else ready your state.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I just love the argument of "my rights".

The ENTIRE point of stay at home orders, or closing things down, or any of it, is to NOT OVERWHELM THE HEALTH CARE SYSTEM! Comparing this to your right to bear arms is simply absurd.

For Gods sake people do the math. Right now in Utah, we are holding steady at a 5% positive test rate. Let's be really conservative and say only 5% of the population gets the virus. Utah's population is 3.2 million. That means 160,000 people will get the virus. We are also holding steady at 9.1% of the those who test positive needing a hospital bed. That's 14,560. Utah has about 1.8 hospital beds for every 1000 residents, meaning we have approximately 5,760 total hospital beds (Maternity, ICU, emergency, etc.) of which only a small fraction can be used as isolation rooms, but let's assume all of them can. So if all these numbers were to hold true, which is by far a best case scenario, that would mean there will be 3 people needing EVERY SINGLE HOSPITAL BED in the entire state.

Now ask yourself, which one of those 3 people do you want to be? The one in the bed, the one waiting for one, or one of the many thousands that die waiting?
Now imagine you need a ventilator too.

That's why we need to stay home and slow down the spread of this virus.

BTW, Utah at this point has some of the better numbers.

Part of Freedom that many don't seem to get, is the responsibility that comes with it. Part of being the UNITED States of America, is the personal sacrifice that it takes to maintain it.

You me and everyone else has a RESPONSIBILITY to ourselves, our loved ones, our families, our neighbors, our communities, and our future to stop acting like "My God given rights" are being tread upon.

If that's the feeling any of you have, then ya'll need to grow up.

It's actually your God given Responsibility that you really need to be paying attention to.

Your fish, your lakes, your parks, your schools, the great outdoors will all still be there if we handle this with the grit and determination of "One Nation Under God", in the same manner the greatest generation dealt the 2nd world war..... the difference is this war is in everyone's neighborhood, or it will be soon.

We're all screwed if even a small percentage of us keep on with the selfish tantrums of a 3 year old.
Well, before your rant did you actually read my post?

At no time did I say that you shouldn't social distance. I was comparing the fact that I can't go fishing by myself on governors order, vs. I can go to Lowes or Home Depot and stand around with thousands of other people buying un-needed crap without any PPE or anything else.

So yes, I have my PPE and I am staying home. But it will do zero good if they open the schools back up in 2 weeks and everyone is an asymptomatic carrier because they were buying flowers at Lowes.

So its the same BS - money talks for these politicians and thats it. Lots of political contributions from retail, not so much from boat ramps.

Lets start with this so called expert from the CDC. In mid February I was getting pictures from my friend in Germany, who was getting pictures from his friend in China showing empty trains and streets in Shanghai. Not Wuhan, Shanghai - miles away and supposedly with no issues as Wuhan was locked down. Right then and there I knew this was going to be bad. Mid February. Why wasn't the head of the CDC, or Cuomo, or anyone else ordering ventilators in February. Because its the same as its always been - its about politics, not logic.

I'll add one more thing. If your on welfare or Social Security your still getting your checks. Now you get an extra welfare check for 1200.00 plus 500.00 for each kid. If your a family and both parents work - making more than 75K each, you either get a reduced amount or nothing. If both of you lost your job last week, and have 4 kids, you still get reduced or nothing. The welfare dude still gets his either way. Again, its about voting blocks, not logic. I have no issue with 1200 for someone that just lost their job. I have a huge issue for 1200 on the government payroll that has lost nothing, but they get something for nothing.

Just like being able to go to Lowes, but not being able to go fishing. If I could do neither I wouldn't have a problem, but stupidity will prevail.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts