Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
There are some people that have them. Search for Garvin and you should find a bunch of threads. However, I think most people found them a bit pricey considering the other options. Garvin does have some cool stuff though.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I have the roof rack. It is nice. It is lighter then a dephep. It is also already powder coated. It works with my Yakima towers to fit my canoe and still have the rack on.

My two complaints are it is more expensive and you can't fit a spare tire in it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the roof rack. It is nice. It is lighter then a dephep. It is also already powder coated. It works with my Yakima towers to fit my canoe and still have the rack on.

My two complaints are it is more expensive and you can't fit a spare tire in it.
I guess it isn't that bad because it is powder coated. Don't really need to put spare on top anyway. So was it worth the money tho? Would you have gone with anything different?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I don't regret getting it except for the spare thing but I never really liked it up there anyway. Plus they have an nice add on bracket for antenna...

I do love having a drop in rack. It makes carrying extra junk easy. You really can't go wrong with the dephep or this. I like the look of the full replacement racks but they seem to be overkill IMHO.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I also have the roof basket, the inside rack and the axe and shovel mount. The shovel and axe mount to the factory rail and is a nice set up. The interior rack is fine, but there is a thread where someone modified a jeep rack and spent about half for the same result. Now for the roof basket, it mounts on the side rails with a really neat set of clamps, however, there are a couple of issues that I had. One is that it is a bolted together unit, and the other is that the fore and aft rails are not the same length as the rack.

·
on line
22,508 Posts
I also have the roof basket, the inside rack and the axe and shovel mount. The shovel and axe mount to the factory rail and is a nice set up. The interior rack is fine, but there is a thread where someone modified a jeep rack and spent about half for the same result. Now for the roof basket, it mounts on the side rails with a really neat set of clamps, however, there are a couple of issues that I had. One is that it is a bolted together unit, and the other is that the fore and aft rails are not the same length as the rack.
That was me. Pics and info here: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29844
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 14 of 14 Posts