Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I had to have my clutch replaced, I only have 5000km/3100miles on it! (I haven't abused it in any way) The dealership said that they've seen 2 or 3 other low mile frontiers and xterras come in needing a new clutch. They said that if it keeps happening they are expecting a recall to happen. I was pretty disappointed with it because I was in another city and it happened on the weekend so I had to get a hotel from Sunday night until Wednesday, even though it was covered by my warranty it ended up costing me quite a bit in lost wages, hotels, food etc.
This is my first nissan and I'm curious if this has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
I wouldn't mind a recall since I'm at 42k. I've seen threads on a few low mileage failures (up around the 20-40k mark), but not down at your mileage.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
This past weekend I had to have my clutch replaced, I only have 5000km/3100miles on it! (I haven't abused it in any way) The dealership said that they've seen 2 or 3 other low mile frontiers and xterras come in needing a new clutch. They said that if it keeps happening they are expecting a recall to happen. I was pretty disappointed with it because I was in another city and it happened on the weekend so I had to get a hotel from Sunday night until Wednesday, even though it was covered by my warranty it ended up costing me quite a bit in lost wages, hotels, food etc.
This is my first nissan and I'm curious if this has this happened to anyone else?
On my previous X the clucth went at 12kish.... Manufacturing defect.

This time, I am at 55K with lots of offroading and no issues. Just stating to show its first signs of wear but I would say she has a good 50K+ left in her.

·
on line
2,165 Posts
Slipping, loss of power, cruise control shuts off while driving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts