Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
on line
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First.. can't say who I heard this from, but a friend of mine inside Chrylser tells me that Nissan and Chrysler are extremely close to a deal in which Nissan will supply Chrysler with small cars, in return, Chrysler will supply Nissan a version of the new Dodge Ram due this year, to replace the Nissan Titan, due to lack of a heavy duty model, and extremely poor sales. Secondly, the Pathfinder is going to be switched back to a unit body construction, no body on frame anymore, for better fuel economy and on road dynamics. They feel no one offroads it anyways. That leaves the Xterra.. they are currently deciding whether to disco the truck, or possible share a "Jeep" platform! In my opinion, they could still use a version of the Frontier, couldn't they? So hold on to your current Xterra's... there just might not be another one coming...

·
on line
2,004 Posts
If they axe the Xterra, that'll severly limit our aftermarket options. Cause there's no point in entering a market that will not expand. Well boys, if you've got the money spend em now. or sell the truck and go with, heck I don't know

·
on line
40 Posts
Xd'myJeep said:
That leaves the Xterra.. they are currently deciding whether to disco the truck, or possible share a "Jeep" platform!
I thought chrysler was splitting from Jeep?

·
on line
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WELL.. AS ALWAYS.. IT IS NOT SET IN STONE YET.. SO ONE CAN HOPE.. ANYONE KNOW HOW MANY XTERRA'S THEY ARE SELLING EACH YEAR?

·
on line
3,272 Posts
XterraDude said:
ohh man I had found a picture of a concept of the dodge ram Titan about three weeks ago, but i am not able to find now.
what did you think? did it look more like a ram or more like a titan?

·
on line
1,127 Posts
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
XterraDude said:
ohh man I had found a picture of a concept of the dodge ram Titan about three weeks ago, but i am not able to find now.
what did you think? did it look more like a ram or more like a titan?
I don't remember to well. I'm pritty sure it looked more like a Dodge Ram. I wish I could find it again.

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Sounds pretty far fetched to me. Seems like the X fills a niche market well. For Nissan's sake, lets hope they stay as far away from Chrysler as possible (ala, quality & reliability).

·
on line
638 Posts
From what I understood Mercedes have never been very dependable vehicles. Most people I know that have them have had several problems with theirs..

·
on line
335 Posts
Yup, right now its just a one way street...Nissan will supply Chrysler with Versa's which will then be rebadged and sold in South America as Chrysler's...we will see if anything else develops...

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Google "nissan chrysler merger".. whole first page is more speculation. I've gotta' say, it'll be a sad day for Nissan enthusiasts (read Datsun), when they get in bed w/ Chrysler. Blech.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts