Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my last couple car washes I've started to notice more water than I'd like to see make it's way inside. Especially around the rear hatch seal, up top. Also noticeable water coming in around just about all four of my reg doors.

Any of you guys have/had a similar issue? What can I do to remedy this, take the X in to have all the door seals re-done?

·
on line
280 Posts
I threaded my XM radio antenna wire through the grommet seal at the top of the rear hatch area, the one where the washer fluid hose runs through. After that I kept an eye on it to make sure it wasn't leaking. Well, it was dripping slightly into the headliner. So I took some silicone and filled in the grommet where the washer fluid hose and the XM radio antenna run through it. I'm concerned that it's the way the grommet itself fits into the hole in the roof. It seems too loose. I need the weather to warm up so I can properly deal with it. Not sure if this is an isolated case or if you should all make sure your grommet isn't leaking water into the headliner.

·
on line
137 Posts
I've got a leaky front windshield on the driver side pillar. Weird spot, but windshield was replaced before I got the X, so I think it's that. I found out about the leak in a heavy down pour, and water squirted me in the face. I had the windows up and was like WTF! Where did that come from? Magic water...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts