Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to add aftermarket speakers/tweeters to my Xterra S (regular audio system). The rear doors do not have the factory tweeter. I want to add an aftermarket tweeter in the same spot and purchase the factory plastic grill that goes over the tweeter on the door panel, you can see it below:

I've looked far and wide on the internet to find the part number for this plastic grill. There's nothing out there that says exactly what the part # is, and nobody from Nissan can tell me after calling 4 dealerships.

After a lot of google research I think I found the part #. Going through parts.nissanusa.com I found a diagram for the body electrical>speaker>coverhole which lists it as 28030N. That translates into 64891-W5000 when ordering.

I'm not sure if this is the right part or not, but its my best guess.

-The back of my rear door panel has a round section in the exact same spot as the RF tweeter goes on the premium system.
-The part # I found happens to be round and says "hole cover" and is listed on the speaker parts diagram.

Can anybody pop that little cover off and check for the part# inscribed on the back of it? Also please note your interior color and full part#!

Thank you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I popped mine for you. It doesn't say much.
PP 2 8 90 and a Nissan.
thanks! I'm hoping that since your truck is a newer model the part number I found online may still be correct. I went ahead and ordered it since it was only a couple bucks so we shall see. Will update this thread when I figure it out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why not just use the grill that comes with the aftermarket tweeter? Or do you want it to be gray like the doorpanel?
Exactly, I want it to look stock for 2 reasons:

1. I'm mixing and matching gear, using some old stuff I had and some new stuff too, so I don't really want to have a different brand tweeter in the front vs. the back.

2. The tweeters I have are all black, and would just look tacky. I'm going for a stealth install, want a killer system that you couldnt even tell was there from the outside.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So it turns out the part # i thought it was is NOT correct. That part # was a small leather patch that I guess can be used to repair small holes.

·
on line
29 Posts
There's room behind the door handle/lock cover to mount a tweeter. You'll still get good sound out of it and you wont see anything. That's where I have mine mounted and it works very well.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
It wouldn't be hard to put an aftermarket tweeter in that position either behind it's own aftermarket grill (you can paint it with gray primer if you want stealth) or in a surface mount pod.

For qualities sake I would just dump the rear tweeters all together and instead focus those extra dollars into the front tweeters or even a second set replacing the dashboard speakers with something good as well as putting a pair of tweeters high and forward on the front door.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts