Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
on line
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The subject line kinda gives away what I am looking for. I am looking in the area of the Fog light area. Reason is when I order mine, I would love to order it without paint so I can cut the fog light holes bigger and stuff some 6" PIAAs in there. I got the idea from a recent issue of Diesel Power, and some of the cool bumpers for the big dogs. Just wondering, thanks ahead of time.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
It's not as simple as cutting the hole bigger. The lights are ressessed back into the bumper and you would have to do a good fit of fab work.

There is the best pic I have.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Man I need a bigger garage. That is one of my prime items in my next house.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
kokopop said:
Man I need a bigger garage. That is one of my prime items in my next house.
Me too, the the GF's father's garage. I have a single car that is full. Though I plan on taking over my Father's 2.5 car garage, but it has to warm up a bit so I can clear it out.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
I have a single car garage that can just about house a yaris or a samurai (hint, hint)

·
on line
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the pics muzik, that should work Ok for what I want to do.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
max6spd said:
so, why are the hoops gold?
my guess primer. Last time I saw his X in July they where black rhino lined.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
That is the color of the self etching primer I used. The bumper is rolled on Herculiner on the outside and rattle can duplicolor on the inside.

·
on line
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah the fab work shouldnt be to much of a problem since I would in a weld/fab shop, we got a lot tools for stuff like this. It will take a deep breath to take a 850 dollar bumper and start burning holes in it.

·
on line
24 Posts
options

If you want to make bigger holes, you can not only order the bumper bare, but when you order request it without the light buckets...

It might cut out some time for you.

and yes the WHOLE bumper is powdercoated inside and out when ordered Powdercoated.

Nick

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Re: options

ToyFamily said:
If you want to make bigger holes, you can not only order the bumper bare, but when you order request it without the light buckets...

It might cut out some time for you.

and yes the WHOLE bumper is powdercoated inside and out when ordered Powdercoated.

Nick
I'm guessing... another Shrock employee?

·
on line
24 Posts
Sorry,

Yes, I have been the designer/protofabber here for about a year and a half. I am on so many forums keeping an eye out it's hard to remember where I 've introduced myself.

Anyways, I think what I stated before is an easy option we could accommodate if stated when ordering. We won't cut the holes for you but we can leave those buckets off if it'll help cut down the mod time/difficulty.

thanks,

Nick

·
on line
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the info, and thanks for letting me know I can order the bumper without holes....that means I could mount those suckers almost anywhere.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts