Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a set of oem cloth to redo mine. Looking for a quick walkthrough for headrests etc
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
921 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My oem upholstery came today. Was like $140 shipped to me. Bought it on eBay from an upholstery guy in Florida. They're off airbag seats but should fit fine. They're from a 12 my x is an 07
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mechanically speaking I can usually do anything. I build Honda drag cars. But ive never pulled a seat apart lol. Time is my only factor because of my.work schedule
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
509 Posts
I have a set I'm needing to install also just in the middle of moving right now. When you swap them snap some pics if you could!

·
on line
4,434 Posts
The hardest part is getting the hog rings off taking the old covers off. Don't bother trying to save them, just use side cutters and cut them open, then two pair of pliers to separate them open enough to get them off. Use zip ties to replace the hog rings with the new seat fabric. The zip ties work easily, and help stretching the fabric on as you tighten them up. Just trim the excess off and you'll never know the difference. They also work better if you do add seat heaters (highly recommended!!!) as they are nonconductive.

Wear gloves!!! The stamped metal seat pan has razor sharp edges that will cut your fingers to the bone! Then your new seats will be blood stained.

I pulled my seats apart to add seat heaters, and I love them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I did my front passenger seat the other night took an hour to unholt the seat, remove old upholstery and install new stuff. It was very simple. The hardest part being the headrest since my stock 07 headrests are wider and shorter than the 11/12 covers I purchased but I squeezed them in now they're just rock hard lmao
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't have a lot of time to do stuff with my work schedule so this will be a few day process
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 11 of 11 Posts