Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so if anyone remembers the story of my roof burning down, i went through the insurance comp. and i pretty much needed to replace the roof. i went to see my car the other day and i pretty much have a convertible X~! well im sorry i dont have and didn't have any pictures for you guys. i wish u guys can see.

well i need a roof rack. does anyone other than gobi make any full replacemnt racks for out xterras? the thule and other add on racks look good. but im looking for something a lil lower, so i can still park in the garage. i dunno
ill try, to keep u guys posted....

·
on line
2,072 Posts
I can't believe the X wasn't written off!! They are replacing the entire roof?

·
on line
3,272 Posts
X2

I can't see how this is not a salvage. Who has ever heard of replacing an entire roof?!?!?!?!?

·
on line
1,123 Posts
ahnyoungboi3 said:
well i need a roof rack. does anyone other than gobi make any full replacemnt racks for out xterras? the thule and other add on racks look good. but im looking for something a lil lower, so i can still park in the garage. i dunno ill try, to keep u guys posted....
I think Gobi is it. I have no trouble parking in my garage with the Gobi, a 2-1/2" lift, and 33" tires. There are a couple of inches to spare.

mcampana said:
As far as anyone knows or has posted about. Gobi is it. Maybe if you call them and tell them what happened they will cut you some slack?!
I like my Gobi so much that I'm setting up to be a dealer for them. I might then be able to offer discounts to those on this list like some other vendors do. I hope to have everything in place by the end of this month.

·
on line
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes my whole roof is being replaced....the damaged came up to about 3900 give or take a couple hundred. not enought to be sal\vaged.. the body shop owner told me "NOW ive seen everything~!" after i told him the story. well yea...my roof is torn off my x. doesn't look too bad. i think peices 12 4 and 5 are being replaced. the fire warped my roof.
i talked to "tim" and he said the ranger was like 4 inches taller than the stealth, and i can still mount my tire up there, assuming i have a 33. anthing more will cause clearance issues w/ the crossbars.
hey buster.... do you ever put snowboards up there? i have the yakima snowboard rack thing, and my big 165 barely fits w/ my stock rear crossbar slide all the way back. i was wonder how far apart the 2 crossbars on your rack were.
and i like the look of the stealth but im wondering it the ranger would be THAT much more worth it. i mean it costs the same. 1270 shipped w/ NO lights and NO ladder. let me know if you can cut us a little discount, i didn't bother asking tim, i dont know
man....this month is seriously bumming me out....

·
on line
1,149 Posts
You probably already checked GOBI's website but if not they have two different racks, the ranger and the stealth. The stealth might work for you. It is slightly lower in height.

·
on line
1,123 Posts
ahnyoungboi3 said:
i talked to "tim" and he said the ranger was like 4 inches taller than the stealth, and i can still mount my tire up there, assuming i have a 33. anthing more will cause clearance issues w/ the crossbars.
hey buster.... do you ever put snowboards up there? i have the yakima snowboard rack thing, and my big 165 barely fits w/ my stock rear crossbar slide all the way back. i was wonder how far apart the 2 crossbars on your rack were.
Sorry for the delay, a sick kid kept me distracted this weekend. I just braved our latest snow storm to get you the measurement. It is just over 34" between the bars (35+ center to center).

ahnyoungboi3 said:
and i like the look of the stealth but im wondering it the ranger would be THAT much more worth it. i mean it costs the same. 1270 shipped w/ NO lights and NO ladder. let me know if you can cut us a little discount, i didn't bother asking tim, i dont know man....this month is seriously bumming me out....
I liked the look of the Ranger way better than the Stealth which is why I went with it. I was concerned about my garage but it turned out not to be an issue at all. I don't have a tire up there though.

·
on line
104 Posts
fyi i dont like it as much as the gobi's but calmini has some sort of wire roof box thing.. go with the gobi
x2 on ahnyoungboi3's about possible discount

1 - 17 of 17 Posts