Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
500 Posts
I'll probably descide tonight. There's a music festival the holiday weekend, so I will stay for that and head back to Oregon Tuesday 5/28.

Not looking to pinstrip the Xterra, but some wheelin would be a ballast.

Patrick

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
patrick07 said:
I'll probably descide tonight. There's a music festival the holiday weekend, so I will stay for that and head back to Oregon Tuesday 5/28.

Patrick
Well, you should definitely do it. If you're looking to caravan let me know. I'll be leaving the Saturday before and heading east from Eugene to Bend, then through Burns and Ontario to Boise, then south to Ogden/SLC before grabbing a motel. I made it to Ogden last year. It was a long @ss haul, but it cut the drive time on day 2 down to about 4-5 hours, which meant I could sleep in and still make it to Moab in plenty of time to check in before heading to the brewery for the meet 'n greet.

If you decide to leave at a different time I'm sure I'll still bump into you. There won't be too many Oregon license plates around town that week.

·
on line
500 Posts
OregonX said:
patrick07 said:

Patrick
Well, you should definitely do it. If you're looking to caravan let me know. I'll be leaving the Saturday before and heading east from Eugene to Bend, then through Burns and Ontario to Boise, then south to Ogden/SLC before grabbing a motel. I made it to Ogden last year. It was a long @ss haul, but it cut the drive time on day 2 down to about 4-5 hours, which meant I could sleep in and still make it to Moab in plenty of time to check in before heading to the brewery for the meet 'n greet.

If you decide to leave at a different time I'm sure I'll still bump into you. There won't be too many Oregon license plates around town that week.
Well, I've got the time off work, and I've got my DeserRocks concert ticket for the 5/23-25 in Moab. I'm wanting to leave Saturday, so if possible we could meet in Burns and caravan from there. But, like you said, there won't be that many Oregon rigs in Moab, so I'll see you at the "Gone" for sure.

Patrick

·
on line
20 Posts
Still debating. It really depends on if my so-pilot's (my brother) wife will let him go or not. What trails are you guys thinking of doing?
~Dave

·
on line
500 Posts
I'm a rookie, and I've signed up for blue, but I'll have to wait and see if it's a good fit for my lack of experience.

Patrick

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
patrick07 said:
I'm a rookie, and I've signed up for blue, but I'll have to wait and see if it's a good fit for my lack of experience.

Patrick
That's smart. Even if you're an experienced wheeler, that slickrock is unlike anything else, and the traction you can get on it definitely takes some getting used to. You can always jump up to the red track in the middle of the week if you feel you're getting the hang of it.

Gemini Bridges seems to be one of the more popular "starter" trails. Even if you stay on the Blue track all week, the difficulty will increase from there.

·
on line
20 Posts
I am thinking Blue for the first day. Depending on how that goes, I may do another blue on day 2. Day 3 I will be on the reds. This would be my first time at Moab, with what OregonX says, I figure I should try the easier stuff before jumping into the red.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Hey guys xterra3100 here from Cali. Im really thinking about this seriously. Do you have to be there for all 5 days. That is asking alot from my work and family. I was thinking about just taking Wed and Thurs off if i can. Is there a charge to register? This sounds like fun!

·
on line
20 Posts
I just registered. It didn't charge me anything anywhere. I would guess since this is a free event that you can come and go as you please. I never saw anything on the GONE website saying otherwise. But you may not want to decide to go home halfway into a run or something :)
~Dave

·
on line
20 Posts
I will be there. Day 1 will be blue. Depending on how I feel on the slickrock, I may do a red on day 2. Day 3 I'm doing Fins, I've heard too much about it not to. Last 2 are Hell's Revenge and Poison Spider, also told that they are not to be missed. I'll be leaving early Saturday morning from PDX, taking the I-84 route there.
~Dave

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
xterra3100 said:
Hey guys xterra3100 here from Cali. Im really thinking about this seriously. Do you have to be there for all 5 days. That is asking alot from my work and family. I was thinking about just taking Wed and Thurs off if i can. Is there a charge to register? This sounds like fun!
Hell no you don't have to be there for all 5 days. I was only able to make it for 3 last year. Come and go as you please... and sign up for what you want. No fees. And Nissan pays for dinner @ Zak's on Tuesday night if you sign up for it.

And on a side note... two rigs from Portland! Awesome. See you guys there.

·
on line
500 Posts
Gone here I come. Anybody want to caravan from the NorthWet. I'm leaving Portland the morning of Sat May 17. Will meet in Portland or along the way, if possible.

See Ya Sunday at the Pub in Moab.
Patrick

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DWilly said:
I will be there. Day 1 will be blue. Depending on how I feel on the slickrock, I may do a red on day 2. Day 3 I'm doing Fins, I've heard too much about it not to. Last 2 are Hell's Revenge and Poison Spider, also told that they are not to be missed. I'll be leaving early Saturday morning from PDX, taking the I-84 route there.
~Dave
Day 2 is the highest rated red track trail of the whole week; Behind the Rocks. It seems pretty gnarly. I might drop down to Blue and run Hey Joe Canyon that day, but I'm not sure yet. Fins is a fun one for sure.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
patrick07 said:
Gone here I come. Anybody want to caravan from the NorthWet. I'm leaving Portland the morning of Sat May 17. Will meet in Portland or along the way, if possible.

See Ya Sunday at the Pub in Moab.
Patrick
Hey Patrick,

I'm guessing that both you and Dwilly are taking the I-84 route from Portland. Trying to meet along the way and caravan might be hard to do.

It looks like there will be a grand total of 4 Oregon rigs there, so I'm sure you guys will be easy to find. See you guys at the Brewery.

·
on line
20 Posts
Glad to hear you got everything done in time OregonX. I'll see you there. I'm the only PNWX member going, just look for the sticker in the window ;) See you all in Moab!
~Dave

1 - 18 of 18 Posts