Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered mine and the dealer is telling me they could not order Sirius from Nissan in a MT OR with the RF audio package. Does anyone have this? I thought the RF package was prewired for SAT.

·
on line
641 Posts
Re: Any one have an MT, OR with factory/dealer installed Sir

OperatorX said:
I just ordered mine and the dealer is telling me they could not order Sirius from Nissan in a MT OR with the RF audio package. Does anyone have this? I thought the RF package was prewired for SAT.
The Nissan Canada webpage for the 2007 Xterra Accessories says:
"Nissan has teamed up with XM Satellite Radio to give you the power to choose what you want to hear. Now available as a plug and play accessory for Nissan vehicles."

That may mean you can get XM, but not Sirius.
It also means that if you want XM, you can just order the accessory from the Parts department.
In "Nissan Speak", Accessories are supplied via the Parts department, whereas Options are installed at the factory. Whether it's XM or Sirius, maybe the answer is that the factory doesn't install either of them, and it's up to the selling dealer to provide them?

·
on line
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The specific problem seems to be with ordering a MT OR. You seem to be able to order an AT with Sirius without a problem. I'm just wondering if this is a dealer installed option only.

·
on line
132 Posts
I would say save your cash and do that mod after you pick up your car.

a) you might want to replace the stock

b) if you go with the RF packge, they'll charge you and arm and a leg to install.

c) just go to best buy and pick up a sirius sportster and the install job is like 100 and would fit great right on top of that square dash area.

·
on line
58 Posts
Best Buy

MidnightX said:
I would say save your cash and do that mod after you pick up your car.

a) you might want to replace the stock

b) if you go with the RF packge, they'll charge you and arm and a leg to install.

c) just go to best buy and pick up a sirius sportster and the install job is like 100 and would fit great right on top of that square dash area.

I wouldn't take my vehicle to be worked on at Best Buy and here are the reasons why: I also worked there by the way untill I moved to a custom car audio shop.

1. Any moe dick or larry can get a job there.

2. Their install techs don't have to be certified.

3. They are concerned on speed and not quality.

4. Rarely do they solder wires.

5. You have to pay for way overpriced install parts. For example a regular radio install kit with wiring adapter and antenna adapter costs you 50-60 bucks sometimes more and Best Buy actually buys all that stuff for about 8 bucks.

6. You could spend a million dollars in that store and they don't give rip.

7. They will try to lure you into signing up for a bunch of magazine subscriptions and PSP junk to profit themselves.

8. Best Buy is the biggest electronics Joke.

-Cowboy

3. Its really a big rip off

·
on line
132 Posts
I never said get your gear installed there. I was just saying buy it there. I personally paid more to get a custom install by Monney but if you can't afford it then...what can ya do?

·
on line
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input.

I have factory installed Sirius in my Maxima and am spoiled by the steering wheel controls. However, the display and general features of the SAT radio leaves a lot to be desired. Thankfully, I got a Starmate ST2 last year for the office and home so that's what I'll be installing. In the 2007 X, it get's a bit more easy since the RF has an AUX input down by the 4WD switch. I can easily tap off of that to get the signal in and still have all of the features of the Starmate.

I've got my first mod already planned out! :whax:

·
on line
44 Posts
operatorx our sticker says rf package 6disc mp3cd capability blah blah and pre wired for satellite radio. i dont know what is offered in 07 and i dont know care exactly what pre wired means. i havent noticed an aux input by the4+4 switch though hope this helps?

·
on line
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks jp4ever. that's helpful to know. Hopefully the dealer can add it. If not, I've got a good alternative. The 07 has and aux input added now for the RF package. Check the link and select the aux input detail.

http://www.nissanusa.com/xterra/interior.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts