Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Talking to NWX the other day about gaming and all things nerdy, it got me wondering. Just as the title states, any other gamers lurking out there? Console, PC, tabletop, doesn't matter.

I myself am a super nerd when it comes to games myself. Been playing ever since I can remember. I pretty much play PC only. MMO's, RPG's, FPS's, Strategy, Simulators, you name it. MMO's and fantasy games have always been my favorite. I could rattle off a dozen of my favorites if anyone else responds here. Huge fan of Bethesda and the Elder Scrolls / Fallout series. With the impending release of Fallout 4 next, my geekdom has nearly reached its peak.

I know NWX is in the same boat is me with FO4, what about the rest of you?

*EDIT* The first time I used search to see if there were similar threads, I came up empty handed. I now see there were a couple others, but they haven't been posted in in years. Rather than bump the old ones, I decided to make a new one to get some fresh blood/opinions going.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Old school PC guy here, been playing games since my commodore vic-20! FO4 is the first game that I not only pre-ordered, but got a PIP_boy edition! It works out really nice, I shoot service rifle competition in the warm months, and it wraps up right around early fall so I can spend all winter gaming and reloading ammo!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm a filthy casual in that I play maybe one game a year, single player only, with recent years being Starcraft, Halo, Skyrim and Super Mario

This seasons gonna have me set for the next few years haha... Halo 5, Legacy of the Void, FO4... FO4 preordered so gotta beat it before ski season

Never could get into PC gaming besides Starcraft though. I game to relax and sitting upright at a desk using a keyboard never really worked for me.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Gamer here I play xbox 360, PC, and Playstation 4. A lot of FPS. Been playing BF4 on playstation and Call of duty ghost on xbox. Haven't bought any new games since most of my money goes to mods. Saving up to get more mods done to my truck.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Pshh, do I. I was mostly PC until my computer went down in August. Instead of rebuilding a new one now I am waiting until Skylake-E comes out in the spring. Then I'll put a new one together again.

Until then I bought a PS4 and currently am playing nothing but Destiny atm. gamertag is dreamhack_ if you want to add me

PC games include:

Heroes of Newerth
Battlefield 4
Borderlands Series
Rising Force Online
Farcry 4
Skyrim
Final Fantasy:ARR
Civilization
Diablo 3
Torchlight 2

·
Registered
327 Posts
Can't wait for Fallout 4! Just did a replay of Fallout 2 for nostalgic reasons. Best video game series IMO. I feel that Bethesda hurt the series somewhat when purchasing the rights from Interplay as they catered it more towards the casual gamer but still super fun. I recommend Wasteland 2 for any fans of FO1, FO2, or FO tactics:BOS. One week to go!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I was huuuge World of Warcraft player in my teens. Now since I have my job, my gf and my truck I find it hard to find time to get involed into RPGs such as the Witcher.

I really enjoyed the latest Tomb Raider (awesome adventure, gameplay, story and world)

I still enjoy the Battlefield and Farcry fix once in a while. I'll never stop gaming and I think our generation never will. There are gems out there and iam genuialy excited about the Occulus rift.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Xbox One for me, ive been on a Destiny binge for the past year...
I've played the demo but I feel it doesn't do it justice. I've been thinking about buying for my 360 but I am primarily a PC gamer so I just pirate all of my games with the exception of Fallout 4 next week. How long is the campaign?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Old school PC guy here, been playing games since my commodore vic-20! FO4 is the first game that I not only pre-ordered, but got a PIP_boy edition! It works out really nice, I shoot service rifle competition in the warm months, and it wraps up right around early fall so I can spend all winter gaming and reloading ammo!
Nice.

I have been a PC gamer since the first PC. Also had a C64 and dabbled with early apple.

I was hardcore in my early teens through my late twenties. Played most early MMOs up to and including Warcraft. Any FPS I could get my hands on. Racing games if I felt like dragging out the wheel...

But now I have kids... So I can only play games that have pause and late nigth multiplayer FPS that I don't have to sink time into.

Still playing a bit of BF4 casually.
MGS5 and GTA5 a bit.
Witcher 3 was fun.
Looking forward to Fallout 4.
Wasn't thrilled with the Battlefront Beta...

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good to see some fellow gamers out there! I knew there'd be some!

Sticking to PC only, some of my favorite past and current games include but are not limited to :
  • Everquest
  • Project 1999 ( Private EQ emulated server )
  • Everquest 2
  • Starwars Galaxies
  • WoW
  • Age of Conan
  • Elderscrolls : Morrowind - Present
  • Fallout 3 - Present
  • Planetside 2
  • Supreme Commander 1 - 2
  • Command and Conquer ( Complete series )
I'm sure there are many more but those are the ones that immediately come to mind. Getting ready for FO4, I replayed FO3 and all its expansions, and am finishing up FONV and all it's expansions. I'm nearly finished with the last one. The release of FO4 is going to work perfectly for me. Comes out on the 10th, and I have the 11th off work! Score! Time to buy a case of Redbull haha.

FO4 is the first game that I not only pre-ordered, but got a PIP_boy edition!
That's awesome. You'll have to post up a pic when you get your stuff!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've played the demo but I feel it doesn't do it justice. I've been thinking about buying for my 360 but I am primarily a PC gamer so I just pirate all of my games with the exception of Fallout 4 next week. How long is the campaign?
The initial release was a joke and I'm still jaded because of it. Pay $110 or something like that for a season pass deluxe edition, and it ends up being a go-nowhere story over 3 (maybe 4?) small maps and mindless grinding for **** loot, and then the season pass expired after two equally disappointing expansions.

Allegedly The Taken King (new expansion) has fixed all that and it's finally a full game, but I refuse to pay another $80 for what the original game should have been. If you're new to the series it'll probably be a good buy, the mechanics and graphics are possibly the best I've seen on current gen yet (but thats not saying a lot).

I'm not bitter at all I swear.....:angry5:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I will gladly accept the nerd title as it pays for my other favorite hobby with wheels but most gamers don't even remotely resemble your 90s view of gamers.

My favorite gamer looks more like this.

P.S. If you find a gamer chick, marry her.

·
Registered
327 Posts
GF gets pissed that I want to take a day to play a new game yet she sleeps until 10 everyday and uses her "valuable" time to watch the Kardashians. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Where are these "gamer chicks" you speak of?

1 - 20 of 155 Posts