Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookin to do a little exploring in Colorado when I get home on R and R. Iraq is a sh*t hole and I need some scenery!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Watch the Mountain forum for trail runs or meet & greets. Not going to be very much in terms of trail runs in the time frame you mentioned, as most of the fun ones in the mountains are closed or impassable now and won't open back up until early Summer.

We also have a new Colorado Nissan Off-Roading club forming, so please join if you're interested.

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=78137

Do you have to go back to Iraq or are you here in Colorado to stay?

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'll be home on R and R from 18 Dec thru end of Jan. My contract is scheduled to terminate end of March but I'm trying to pick up another gig shortly there after, gotta make that $$ playboy, lol. Have you guys been here yet? http://www.coloradooffroadextreme.com/
I'll let others along the Front Range comment on the off-road park you linked, I have personally never considered it an option. Not willing to pay $ for my off-roading when there are so many awesome trails w/scenery just as close, but that's me. Plus, they close for the winter as well.

Come to the club meetings on Jan. 11th and/or 25th to meet all the key players around here.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I agree with Mack, the trails right now will be hard to run this time of the year due to snow. We had a run a few weeks back and it was fun, but difficult at times.

I hear you on trying to get some scenery in, I am a contractor as well and find that I am in scenery overload when I get back to CO. Hope you see you at the meeting!

·
on line
1,449 Posts
Winter trails aren't that hard to find if you just want to get out and aren't concerned about them being difficult. There are several in the Colorado Springs/Monument area that are wheelable all winter. I know this because I have done pretty much every trail in the Rampart Range area year 'round.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts