Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
on line
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting an 05 SE because the Off Roads have been so hard to find used... If I get hard-core about off-roading I'm going to want a locker. Are they available yet for 05 SE models?

·
on line
1,320 Posts
I'm looking at getting an 05 SE because the Off Roads have been so hard to find used... If I get hard-core about off-roading I'm going to want a locker. Are they available yet for 05 SE models?
dnorton was talkin about trying the ARB in is C200 since that's what the 1st gen has... no word on that yet.

·
on line
204 Posts
Contact "spalind" on this board, he works with TeamXterraRacing, and has posted a few times about Precision Gear releasing spools lockers and gears soon.

·
on line
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's an off-road model sort of local to me right now, but the wrong color (it's silver, and I'm one of them yellow sort of guys) I might try calling them tomorrow and see what price we can work out. For the right price, anything can be the right color :)

·
on line
131 Posts
XterraRookie said:
ARB makes one for both dana 44 options c200 etc.... also for the front aswell little expensive though
Some one may correct me if I am wrong but to my knowledge there are no lockers for our front diffs or C200 rears and no aftermarket options for the D44 variant. The diff that Xterra racer is working on is a spool not a locker for the rear.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
XterraRookie said:
ARB makes one for both dana 44 options c200 etc.... also for the front aswell little expensive though
Unless you know something that no one else knows...this is not correct.

·
on line
268 Posts
I know nothing about this, but having an interest in one as well I looked on ARB's site out of curiosity. Found this:

Xterra rear
02-05 C200 31-spline (ARB Part # RD106)
05+ 33-spline 12-bolt RG (NA part #)
05+ 32-spline 10-bolt RG (NA part #)

They have two listed for the front but I don't recognize either of the numbers (86+ R180A, R200A).

http://www.arbusa.com/alac/215110.pdf

·
on line
131 Posts
I emailed them about the one for the C200 and they want me to remove mine and tell them how many splines my axles have. I think a company that big should do that sort of research themselves.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Umm, the only way to do that type of research is to find someone who is willing to give them their for awhile to go over or buy a X themselves. The 2nd is not logical and my guess no one has been willing to give up their X for a week or so.

·
on line
131 Posts
I believe someone in the north west already volunteered thier truck for this and they did not respond or said it wasn't needed. They have had a few pathys and frontys in their shop to test fit the bull bar also. Seems they could have checked it out then.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
I'm looking at getting an 05 SE because the Off Roads have been so hard to find used... If I get hard-core about off-roading I'm going to want a locker.
I've got an '05 OR and I'm glad I do. It's worth a search.

I also remember someone volunteering to let ARB have their X. If I was in the right place, I'd loan them mine in a minute to get the lockers rolling.

·
on line
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well the local O-R is sold... I might just buy new, there aren't any damned used ones on the market. New is a great deal right now (invoice price, minus the $1k Nissan rebate)

·
on line
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay... found a new one I am considering. O-R w/o the RF which sucks but it's so damned expensive and often paired with the airbags which I don't want (and don't want to pay for!)

So... I'm calling my local dealer in the morning and will see how they'd go about getting this vehicle from the far-away dealer I found it at! The drama continues :)

My friends are going camping this weekend, I'd love to join them and show off my new toy!

·
on line
551 Posts
If it helps, South Colorado Springs Nissan has 2 yellow ORs one AT and one MT. Woodmen Nissan has one MT
www.scsnissan.com
www.woodmennissan.com
the sales manager (if he's still there, haven't checked in a few months) at SCS Nissan is a pretty square shooter. If you're interested I could make a call to check.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts