Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 Off-Road Super Black W/technology package.
I bought it about 1 month ago, just in time for a Thanksgiving weekend trip to Santa Fe. It performed well over Red Mountain pass and Molas on icy roads. Overall it was great to travel in and I am enjoying it a lot. I was considering buying something else but I am glad that I made the choice that I did. (Thanks to this site for a lot of good info!)
The only problem so far is a leaking tire. Sometimes it will hold air for several days and sometimes it is almost flat overnight. I am dropping it off at the dealer tomorrow.
I spend a lot of time exploring Western Colorado and Eastern Utah and once I recover a bit from this vehicle purchase I will be looking for some kind of off road trailer.
 

·
TNX Administrator
Joined
·
20,438 Posts
:pirate: "Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated t' Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise t' share what you learn!" :3some:

So let t' mods begin: http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2742 :thumbup:
 

·
on line
Joined
·
97 Posts
Hi there buddy! Enjoy!
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
Welcome abaord.

Keep us informed on the tire--sounds bizarre...
 

·
on line
Joined
·
316 Posts
Rat said:
2008 Off-Road Super Black W/technology package.
I bought it about 1 month ago, just in time for a Thanksgiving weekend trip to Santa Fe. It performed well over Red Mountain pass and Molas on icy roads. Overall it was great to travel in and I am enjoying it a lot. I was considering buying something else but I am glad that I made the choice that I did. (Thanks to this site for a lot of good info!)
The only problem so far is a leaking tire. Sometimes it will hold air for several days and sometimes it is almost flat overnight. I am dropping it off at the dealer tomorrow.
I spend a lot of time exploring Western Colorado and Eastern Utah and once I recover a bit from this vehicle purchase I will be looking for some kind of off road trailer.
Just missed out on a hell of a trail run yesturday buddy! www.roninwheelers.com for pictures and info on the run.

Welcome and hope to see you on the trails some time soon!

,Rob
 

·
on line
Joined
·
73 Posts
Welcome to thenewx.org!
 

·
on line
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RogueClimber said:
Welcome abaord.

Keep us informed on the tire--sounds bizarre...
I dropped off the tire at the local Nissan dealership this morning (not where I purchased my X) They found the problem. A cracked stem near the sensor. The service guy (nice guy by the way) at first wanted to charge me $200.00! I told him that this tire had been a problem since day one and should be covered under the warranty. He called me back after they made the repair (too late for me to pick up today) and said the warranty would take care of it.
Thats the trouble with all of this electronics stuff. More things to go wrong and expensive to fix.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,208 Posts
welcome to the site
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
Rat said:
RogueClimber said:
Welcome abaord.

Keep us informed on the tire--sounds bizarre...
I dropped off the tire at the local Nissan dealership this morning (not where I purchased my X) They found the problem. A cracked stem near the sensor. The service guy (nice guy by the way) at first wanted to charge me $200.00! I told him that this tire had been a problem since day one and should be covered under the warranty. He called me back after they made the repair (too late for me to pick up today) and said the warranty would take care of it.
Thats the trouble with all of this electronics stuff. More things to go wrong and expensive to fix.
Wild. Glad you got it fixed. So are you in the Junction? I'll be in Ouray soon Ice Climbing but don't know if that counts as the Western Slope...
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top