Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
on line
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just about run out of patience with ProComp. I ordered new wheels back at the end of October, and since then the backorder date keeps getting pushed further and further back. I have already bought new tires, but cannot mount them because I went up one wheel size (16" to 17"); I wanted a little less sidewall. My stock tires are nearly threadbare, but I can't mount the new set since I still don't have wheels.

My Question:
Can I simply buy a 6x4.5 to 6x5.5 spacer 1" thick and then mount a set of wheels with 5.5 backspacing, effectively making 4.5 backspacing when used with the spacer? Also, is a 1" spacer large enough to clear any wheel of caliper interference (thinking about Soft 8s).

·
on line
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update...I got an email this morning. Apparently the shipping company "lost" my wheels. The supplier I bought them from has asked me to call at my earliest convenience. I'll see what they have to say, but I've already learned that, once again, there are no more 7089s in the country.

Should I be okay to run a 1" adapter and change from 6 on 4.5 to 6 on 5.5? If so, am I correct that I add 1" to the backspacing of the wheels?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts