Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To cure my bottoming out problem (with weight in the back), I bought the Timbrens for the rear. I installed them and I'm just a little worried that I didnt install them correctly. The instructions that came with the Timbrens say do not use the included spacer for the Nissan Xterra, so I didnt. My truck is an 06 4x4 S Model, stock, no lift. Question is, the Timbrens fit in there perfectly, slight space between the bottom of them and the axle, slight, is this correct?

Thanks

·
on line
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks for the info, I read thru that large post on the timbrens and it basically did have the information I needed. The drivers side has about a half inch gap between the bottom of the timbren and the axle, while the passenger side has no gap, sits flush, I believe this normal? The handling is definitely alot nicer, and while I havent yet had the truck loaded, I'm pretty confident that bottoming out is a thing of the past.

·
on line
2,165 Posts
i dont have an X yet but im pretty sure the gas tank is on the passenger side, causing it to sag a bit more when full

please correct me if im wrong.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Gas tank is on the drivers side, of the 2nd gen OR--

-- :geek: :geek: -JIMBO

·
on line
631 Posts
I have a question... where do you get the Timbren bump stops from?? And prices for them??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts