Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered rear timbrens, they should be here soon and i was wondering should I get the front ones too. I noticed alot of bottoming out in the back but not much in the front.
I have rear shackles and front coils that I havent put on yet but I plan on doing it soon.
Both sway bars are still attached but when I get the rear timbrens on the rear sway bar is coming off.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Get the $9 Autozone bump stops in the front. They work great and they are cheap. It takes all of 15 minutes to install.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
I can tell you from experience that the Autozone stops are much better then stock. It really helps out the cornering.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Let me know what you think. I was impressed with the improvement in cornering.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
USMC XTERRA said:
We forget, but for fitment reasons, we have a Small lift. Daystar for Slater and I (Unless he jumped ship on me and went the unmentionable)
MC
Now that you mention it, I think im going to wait to put them on when I put my front coils on. I still havent had them installed because they are in houston and i am at my girlfrinds house in dallas job hunting.

Its funny because i have like 5 different mods (small ones) waiting for me in Houston and I cant get to them yet. :cussing: :cwm21:

·
on line
259 Posts
Please, can anyone give me a part number or a link to the bump stop from Autozone. I went to my local store and the guys told me they didn't have anything that worked for the X. Stupid of them... :geek:

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Rastaman said:
Please, can anyone give me a part number or a link to the bump stop from Autozone. I went to my local store and the guys told me they didn't have anything that worked for the X. Stupid of them... :geek:
In my Timbren post I show a picture of it, you can make out the part number there. They guys at autozone are idiots when it comes to doing anything out of normal. If you still don't know, PM B Slater, he did it. I'm the one with the $150 Timbrens that steered ya all towards saving the money. MC

·
on line
259 Posts
Got it!

Energy Suspension 9.9101

You can get them in ebay or on shopping.yahoo.com if you don't want to drive to Autozone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts